Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help, Yes I know, buy the best you can afford, but I need to understand is there much difference between years. I can probably afford up to a 2000 model or therabouts . Are there changes to the model which make one year or poste one year a particularly better model? I will buy later this year and have just started my research. As usual I want an immaculate buy with FSH preferably a dark clour with cream interior. Be glad to hear of your views you lot are probably the most experienced Lexus drivers after all.

Get a Mark IV (1998 onwards)!

www.Lexus.co.uk will show differences between LS 400 models. (I used eBay to get relevant brochures. Very inexpensive and great fun.)

My Mk III has Devonshire Cream interior and it's nearly a full-time job trying to keep the carpets clean. I will go for Pembroke next time (still want a Mark IV).

Beware of one thing. You'll never want to go back to a 'lesser' car.

www.Lexus.co.uk will show differences between LS 400 models.  (I used ebay to get relevant brochures.  Very inexpensive and great fun.) 

My Mk III has Devonshire Cream interior and it's nearly a full-time job trying to keep the carpets clean.  I will go for Pembroke next time (still want a Mark IV).

Beware of one thing.  You'll never want to go back to a 'lesser' car.

www.Lexus.co.uk will show differences between LS 400 models.  (I used ebay to get relevant brochures.  Very inexpensive and great fun.) 

My Mk III has Devonshire Cream interior and it's nearly a full-time job trying to keep the carpets clean.  I will go for Pembroke next time (still want a Mark IV).

Beware of one thing.  You'll never want to go back to a 'lesser' car.

Thanks for the informtion sounds like good advice, any one got a MK 1V for sale? What do you think is the cost range of a good quality with FSH?

The prices are falling all the time,ive seen mk4 selling for 10 grand upwards...

Just be very very careful that the mileage is honest and true....as the LS400 range soak up miles with little wear signs...

Id go for the mk4 myself if they were in my price range.

Good luck.

Mine's a 2000 MkIV with only 24,000 on the clock!!! Absolutely mint condition. I changed the alloys just as the warranty was running out and followed the detailaing guides on this website. The paint work is still good enough to not need polishing (only washing and waxing).

It's not for sale.

I haven't seen many other MkIVs second hand either. Guess they're quite rare. The handling is a big improvement on the earlier MkII which I test-drove and found was a bit spongy.

With MkIV you get the HID headlights, gas dampers, sat-nav, folding wing mirrors (the car measures 80" across with them folded garages start at about 82" wide), 0-60 under 7s, top speed limited at 155, 280bhp/293Lbft etc.