Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Advice Needed

R1nG@

Hi Guys

Anyone think I can do anything about this.

I put a deposit down on a 03 IS200 at a VW garage on Wednesday. Its got 23k miles on it and has 2 stamps in the service book - all seems fine. But the 20k service has no mileage entered against it, so I rang Lexus Coventry, where they were both done, and the guy says the 20k was NOT done and it was stamped by mistake!!

So I rang the VW garage and told them I've got to get the 20k service done ASAP and its £325 at Hatfield. They say theres no way they can drop the price any more, so I told them I don't want it!!

Problem is I do want it!!!!

Any ideas fellas??

Cheers

Matt

I know you've perhaps fallen in love with the car, but call there bluff. Believe you me they are more desperate to sell you the car than you are to buy it. Stand ferm.

You have to remember, there is in most cases with used cars, at least a £2k profit margin.

Try and get you're deposit back and shake there hands. No doubt they will call you back.

Worked for me.

Call there Bluff, you may have fallen for the car - but there will be plenty more around. They are all comission based Sales people and only get paid on cars sold the guy will deal or not, if not f*** em let it sit on the forecourt for a few weeks longer

Cheers kazdul

They said they'll refund my deposit over the phone, but the guy I dealt with on Wednesday was not working again til today - I would've thought he would've called to sort it out!!! But he hasn't yet!

i agree with the others, get your money back and walk away, then go back in early march and buy it cheaper coz the new 05 reg will have come out saving you even more money. :D :D

they will soon be crawling all over you. I saved £500 the other day by walking away from a new freelander i was buying coz he wouldnt give me a land rover jacket :lol:

he came running over to me in the car park and took me back inside, i ended up with £500 off the price and 2 jackets ( they were destined for eBay but the wife loves them :crybaby: )

PS: never trust a VW dealer :tsktsk:

Update........

Garage rang me back yesterday and said they can't do anything about the missing service - don't have the money in it!!!! Thats B :tsktsk: X - they're just gutted I already knocked £500 off their asking price!!!

I even rang round all convenient dealers and got the price down from £325 at Hatfield (my nearest) to £186 at Hull (go there regularly). Still wouldn't do anything!!! i even offered to go halves!!!!!

Now they've re-advertised it for £500 MORE!!

When he rang I said "I see you've upped the asking price by £500, is that to cover the missing service cost?"

"No" was the answer!!!!!

SO IF ANYONE GOES TO SEE A BLACK 2003 IS200 AT VW BRADFORD IT DOES NOT HAVE A FULL SERVICE HISTORY, EVEN THOUGH THE SERVICE BOOK SAYS IT HAS!!!!!!

If they have advertised it with FSH or told you so then they were misrepresenting it and Trading Standards would be interested. Perhaps you may need to mention that if they aren't forthcoming with the deposit.

I agree with this. They took deposit on a car not matching the description. Lodge a formal complaint with VW UK offering to go to press because they wasted your time.

I agree with this. They took deposit on a car not matching the description. Lodge a formal complaint with VW UK offering to go to press because they wasted your time.

I also agree going down this route :P

SO IF ANYONE GOES TO SEE A BLACK 2003 IS200 AT VW BRADFORD IT DOES NOT HAVE A FULL SERVICE HISTORY, EVEN THOUGH THE SERVICE BOOK SAYS IT HAS!!!!!!

There will be someone out there who is going to buy before lookin up this forum of ours, might not even have a wee peek. :excl:

Have a friend who has a MK2 GS and has never been in this forum :ohmy:

So I guess some sucker will buy it :tsktsk:

hi

if iwere you iwould report them to trading standards for lying aboit the fsh.That misrepresentation most of the traders are conning b :tsktsk: ds :. Their are plenty of other fish in the sea.i was looking for a gs300 mk1 sport and i ended up buying amk 2 for the same price . ;)

How an earth did the service book get stamped "by mistake" ?

Should be reported as this stinks - some poor sod will fall for it ...

I rang Lexus GB and told them about it. They rang me back after ringing Lexus Coventry (who done the "servicing"). They said they couldn't do anything about it as it had left the Lexus Dealer network.

I have posted all details on the forum, hoping no-one falls for it.

See here

When I had my 100K service (IS200SE W Reg) at Lexus Bracknell they told me when I collected the car they'd been unable to change the timing belt as the water pump had also failed...

...apart from being p***ed off they'd waited 'til I came to pick the car up what was more concerning was they'd stamped the book and recorded the mileage...

It wasn't 'til I had the belt done at Lexuis Reading that I noticed the sticker they put on the right of the engine bonnet clasp in the engine bay recording the timing belt change and the mileage at the time of change.

If you're buying over 100K don't trust the book, check for the sticker as well!! :winky: