Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nissan 350z

Mitch

one word WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was a ***** day and was raining quite heavy but i was ok wen i got in the car which was kuro black GT by the way

first thing that strikes me is how big the car is inside compared to my lexus aswell. seats are snug but interior seems quite big and bulky but i liked that. loved the speedo cluster and how the indicators built in to the frame

anyways on with the drive........................started off, 1st gear was bit funny to me as it sounded like i was giving it more than i was and clutch was sensitive so it was bit jerky to pull off . pulled off and jus getting feel for car entered dual carriageway and booted it off slip road and entered 2nd lane heading towards wolverhampton junction. was jus cruising along and ppl was shifting to the other lane for me to pass,

dan said give it some so dropped into 3rd and floored it, speed went up real quick, what a adrenaline rush, think the guy in golf V6 ***** himself as he pulled over real quick and before i booted it the golf was far off.................

came off at wolves roundabout and headed towards stafford on carriageway then turned to go through A5back to telford..............fun was about to start, slightly twisty but traffic,

im cruising along happily chatting with dealer and he says give it some wen i want, goin up a long straight hill last road cleared and dropped into 3rd and overtook changed to 4th at 5k revs and hit 5k revs in 4th.............felt f*&!ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

took it through some twisties but cars in front and no other overtaking oppurtunities and still raining.................then back onto M54 to telford

bit more town driving and went back to showroom.

didnt wanna get out...........

so impressed 95%with car only thing that disappointed me was <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=door%20handles" onmouseover="window.status='door handles'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">door handles</a> as felt very cheap and too plasticky and fact that no electric seat height adjustment other than that amazing car, solid feel to it, heavy steering and handles very good for big car IMO

final verdict ------GOTTA GET ONE GONNA GET ONE

Yeah, i test drove one last summer, and the outside is almost the same size as the IS, quite dissapointing considering it only has 2 seats and a narrow (on display) boot space.

A hoot to drive, if a bit cheap on the inside...

In all honesty, i'd pay £20k for one, but i just didnt think they were worth £25k..

Mitch did you know in a test the all new 350z just...and i mean only just beat a 270z (from the 70's).. :D

350'S still a nice car though,dispite its weight  :)

Yeah, that was the Clarkson DVD, the 80's twin turbo ZX mullered the 350...

final verdict ------GOTTA GET ONE    GONNA GET ONE

not knocking you mate - but that seems an awful short test drive to base a purchase decision on (I know you've wanted one for a while :) ).

When I bought the IS - I had the car unaccompanied for a day.

When I bought the GS - I was given a GS3 sport for the weekend.

seems strange to drop that sort of money on (what sounds like) less than an hour driving the car.

final verdict ------GOTTA GET ONE    GONNA GET ONE

not knocking you mate - but that seems an awful short test drive to base a purchase decision on (I know you've wanted one for a while :) ).

When I bought the IS - I had the car unaccompanied for a day.

When I bought the GS - I was given a GS3 sport for the weekend.

seems strange to drop that sort of money on (what sounds like) less than an hour driving the car.

was over hour and a half actually matt.dealer was top bloke though and said any time i get chance to go back and take it out again

i know what your saying though, only thing i didnt do was take any speed bumps in it to see how it wwent over them but it was too busy to get to any around telfrod and the motorway blasts were calling me, appreciate you oppinion though

fidgits- a zx mullered the 350z but this is NA engine, sure if you fitted a supercharger or turbo it would be a fairer contest and yes the 350z is heavy but i dont mind. could always do some weight reduction

for me personaly im jumpin from a 4door 153bhp 2litre straight six into a 2 door 2 seater 276bhp NA 3.5 V6 suits me just fine,plus it eats TT's and 330Ci's with 0-60 in less than 6secs and 0-100mph in 14.2...... already got dad saying i shouldnt get it coz its too powerful, "no its not dad.......... :whistling: "

appreciate your oppinions though guys

mind is made up though just about just gotta get rid of Lex now

I would still rather have a 350 than some 80's throw back any day. I think they look great Mitch but I would rather not say that I drove a Nissan.

I agree, think its a great looking car, but couldn't bring myself to buy a nissan, why don't they just call them Infinity :blink: (or whatever their fancy ones are called)

^^^

LOL, u can know get the Infiniti G35 as a JDM import, its just badged Nissan SKYLINE :P

Anyways Mitch, good to hear ur enjoyed the Z and that ur staying jap ;) but u still wont be bling as a lex :P

G35 - as Raz said, commonly known as the Nissan Skyline 350GT - which incidently has the same engine as the 350Z but is longer to accomodate a rear seat..

In all honesty, between the RX and Z, the Z is less common, and if you want one Mitch, go for it mate, you only live once!

scarface-they are called fairlady in japan i think so a 350z badged fairlady over here is an import i think

as for G35, yes very nice car and back seats aswell, nissan dealer said infiniti will be here in couple of yrs time at least

as for RX8--they are nice but personaly i wouldnt buy one plus they use hell lot of oil and they quite common

anyways the amount of stares and smiles from other ppl when i was at lights and the look of the geezer in the golf V6 wen i blasted past him and seen thhrough my rearview mirror was priceless

i love attention, im a show off the nissan is the car to keep that part of me happy and still very good performance and dnt think price is bad either

P.S if anyone wants or knows anyone that wants an 52plate IS 200SE navigator blue with cream interior send em my way, looking for around £13500 or very nearest offer

Thanks mitch

will be expecting the website :)

A couple of years fine :ohmy:

but the wife has said that I can go for a coupe :shifty:

Have a 9 month Old Son :D

As we have an RX as the family car :driving:

But will love to get one by the end of the year, Feb 06 at the latest :driving:

Before the 2nd child arrives :tomato:

Mitch,

Forget what people say about it being a Nissan - it's this attitude that makes it appealing - let's not forget, how many times have you guys (and me, when I had my IS200) been told "ahh, it's a Toyota in a posh frock"! - means it won't become another TT (seen every 2 miles).