Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruel To Be Kind .....

MrADeveci

I noticed an article on the news last night, that basically a new speed campaign is starting up, and basically valentines cards will be sent out to over 300,000 address in the UK aimed @ 16-21 year olds .... and basically the card says on the front

York_fmg_Coaster.jpg

"for my girlfriend ...." or "boyfriend" ...........

and inside the card it has another text with something like

"I'm sorry I killed you, if only I wasn't driving so fast"

Well ............ what do you think about this campaign ? - do you think you should be cruel to be kind ? ...... or do you think that it's wrong, as some people have actually had familys / freinds die because of speeding /drunk mototirsts ... and that this car is wrong ?

What's your views ?

Visit : http://www.formygirlfriend.co.uk/fmg_valentine11.02.05.html for more info !

Don`t people get enough junk mail??...

What a waste of government money!!! How about paying the likes of nurses more money or getting rid of some Illegal immigrants??

Waste of government money ? - ........ how about this for a waste of money ??

For those that live in LONDON will now know that there is a new commisioner for the police ........... the previous

Working for a safer london

has now changed to

Working together for a safer london

It has already cost £4,500 just to change the logo on new scotland yard ........ all the police cars, stationary, leaflets, everthing will have to be changed now .... just to implement the word "togther" - now that's a waste of money !!!! :blink:

I noticed an article on the news last night, that basically a new speed campaign is starting up, and basically valentines cards will be sent out to over 300,000 address in the UK aimed @ 16-21 year olds .... and basically the card says on the front

York_fmg_Coaster.jpg

"for my girlfriend ...."  or "boyfriend" ...........

and inside the card it has another text with something like

"I'm sorry I killed you, if only I wasn't driving so fast"

Well ............  what do you think about this campaign ? - do you think you should be cruel to be kind ?  ...... or do you think that it's wrong, as some people have actually had familys / freinds die because of speeding  /drunk mototirsts ... and that this car is wrong ?

What's your views ?

Visit : http://www.formygirlfriend.co.uk/fmg_valentine11.02.05.html for more info !

F :tsktsk: g sick and nasty!!! :angry:

I think anything that stops the Saxo brigade from driving faster than their brains can cope with (which is not very fast) is a good thing

I SOOOO wish someone would invent a device that would shred tyres if you go over 30mph - I'd love to see one installed outside my kids' school.

I think anything that stops the Saxo brigade from driving faster than their brains can cope with (which is not very fast) is a good thing

true Rod.

but personally - I would rather see the police shift from the current mentality that ONLY speed kills.

Bad and careless driving is the issue on the roads, and speeding is only a subset of that.

Unroadworthy, uninsured, untaxed, un MOTd cars.

Taligating.

Lane discipline.

Use of indicators.

Various muppet lights - washer lights, undercar neons etc.

the list goes on.

I think the current emphasis on speeding is wrong, as it is not actually slowing people down, its just causing the speeders to drive fast looking at their speedos and not the road.

Yes - a child may stand a significantly better chance of surviving if hit at 30mph instead of 40 mph.

But - the child stands THE BEST CHANCE EVER if the driver is actualy watching the road as opposed to his speedometer.

It's not just the Saxo brigade though is it Rodders. In fact a few years ago the most deaths attributed to any one single group where the 50 something males as they were the most likely to drink drive.

Over the past 12 months there have been 3 deaths amongst my family and friends, all of them knocked down and not one of them were due to speeding, and not one of the drivers were in their teens or driving a max power heap.

We all speed, and we all know we do. Whether we are late for work, in a bad mood or pre-occupied. OK, the more wise amongst us do not do it outside of schools, but get a group of us together and see how many people stick to the speed limit. How many posts have appered on this forum saying I just blew away an R32 or I raced a cossie last night or theres a meet on such and such a date and there are some excellent roads near by wink wink.

I just think there are much better ways than this of addressing the problem

I SOOOO wish someone would invent a device that would shred tyres if you go over 30mph - I'd love to see one installed outside my kids' school.

I agree totaly i live opposite my kids primary school and the speeds people do at school times are mad ,should be 20mph outside schools and any one found doing more at school times should get an instant ban .we go through lollypop ladys at a right rate because they risk life and limb every day .i think speed cameras and alike should only be installed outside schools ,parks etc and not on dual carrigeways and country roads were there is no one crossing .

money would be better spent on a Proper TV Advertisement run!!

Shock tactics do work...............!!!

been showing the missus pictures of Laptops for weeks now, guess what.......got a new laptop!! proof of the pudding as they say

i think as much emphasis should also be put to the pedestrians, especially the schoolkids, they seem to be oblivious most the time of any traffic, normally its the stragglers at the back who just follow their friends like sheep,

and the worst culprits of all, have got to be the buggy pushers, who stick the front of the buggy out into the road

accidents do and allways will happen, but its not correct to blame them all on speed, an overal prevention covering all aspects would have a far greater effect on lowering the figures

It's not just the Saxo brigade though is it Rodders. In fact a few years ago the most deaths attributed to any one single group where the 50 something males as they were the most likely to drink drive.

True enough mate. However, the thing I care about most is the safety of my kids, and thankefully the school runs are done by the time the wa**ers get kicked out of the pub. It just seems to me that it's mopstly young men in small cars that don't think, and don't have enough experience, to realise that driving at 50 in a 20 limit is pretty stiupid.

personally i think all modern cars should be fitted with crusie control by law !!

in addition there should be 3 buttons on the steering wheel, one that says 20mph one that says 30mph and one that says 40mph.

all you have to do is push the button and the ecu limits the top speed to the relevant speed.

that way its easier to drive to the set limits, i try to keep my car at 30mph but i often stray to 33 ish even for a second or two. im not trying to speed but its just impossible and unsafe to look at the speedo all the time.

much much safer way is to press the button then look at the road until you leave the restriction and off you go again. simple i would have thought :huh: