Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Is 200

corky

Hi,ive got an IS 200 SE with the standard 17 inch alloys on. id like to drop the back of the car as it looks very high whereas the front looks fine to me. can anyone recomend by how much i should drop it to make it look similar to the front. and would anyone know roughly how much i would be looking at.

measure the distance between the centre of the wheel and the arch

probably find it is an illusion and the distance will probably be the same

but if not the difference will tell you what it will be

the handling of the IS will improve with a lower stance, so why not drop it all round :)

Can do you a set of -30mm Eibachs for £150 delivered...

I had a set of these on my second IS.

nice kit.

lowered the car nicely all round, and improved the handling nicely too.

thats a good price too - I paid £140 for mine, and that was in a group buy.

Fitting was £140 at Roscoe's in Liverpool.

If you do this - give it two weeks for the springs to settle, and then get your alignment checked / redone ;)

Can do you a set of -30mm Eibachs for £150 delivered...

I had a set of these on my second IS.

nice kit.

lowered the car nicely all round, and improved the handling nicely too.

thats a good price too - I paid £140 for mine, and that was in a group buy.

Fitting was £140 at Roscoe's in Liverpool.

If you do this - give it two weeks for the springs to settle, and then get your alignment checked / redone ;)

How much did it affect ride quality Matt??

[hi, will get back to you about those springs, just read a review from fidgits and saw some pics and they do look just right just have to talk our lass round to spending some more money on that bl**dy car as she calls it.

thanks for your help!! :)

How much did it affect ride quality Matt??

it was not too bad at all.

on bad roads it was a harsher ride - could feel the pot holes etc.

on a normal road - the ride quality was not really that much different

hi, is that for just the back ones or is that for all round. will 30mm look ok. im not really into modifying too much and i dont want it too look over the top. cheers

its quite a nice drop.

I'm not a fan of the 'slammed to the ground' look, so would not want anything too extreme.

my only critiscm would be that I would have preferred the back of mine to be a bit lower. The front lowered nicely, but (on mine) I felt the rear still looked a tad high.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links