Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

looks like a MKIII.

To get sat nav working you need to swap over the nav unit for a UK one, but as the LS didn't have nav in this country you could only use a 1998 unit which may not work.

Haven't heard of anybody doing this so there may even be other parts that need to be replaced.

Best find a scrapped MKIV LS400 and try swapping parts. Would cost you £2000+ it you got new parts from Lexus.

looks like a MKIII.

To get sat nav working you need to swap over the nav unit for a UK one, but as the LS didn't have nav in this country you could only use a 1998 unit which may not work.

Haven't heard of anybody doing this so there may even be other parts that need to be replaced.

Best find a scrapped MKIV LS400 and try swapping parts. Would cost you £2000+ it you got new parts from Lexus.

Why ?

all you should need is the data disk for UK, however this may be the problem in itself if disk from a 98 is not compatible.

maybe someone could lend you one to try ?

robin..

I take it you have tested just swapping the disc then Robin?

not on a lexus.

i have on mercedes cars & they use the teleatlas disks, except for very old cars they all use the teleatlas dx (the old ones non dx disks).

these disks are used also in bmw, audi etc etc.

pioneer also use teleatlas disks, though not sure of which type.

i am not sure who makes the lexus system, wethers its denso or other but

thats why if he could find someone with a 98 model & borrow a disk to try out.

the nav system should be able to upload the data if the correct disk is used.

if it isnt then you will just get an error message.

better to try that than spend couple of grand on an upgrade that may not work anyhow.

Lexus use Navtech map information which they combine with other info so a normal Navtech disc will not work. Aisin and Denso make the sat nav system and only Toyota/Lexus discs work.

The JDM nav unit is different from the European versions. People have tried putting a UK disk into Altezza, Aristo, Soarer and Harrier and it doesn't work - so there is no reason to think it will work in the Celsior.

My m8 has bought a LS400 import (96..i think) and the sat-nav dont work (obviously) but is there a fix out there to get it working.

Pete - define "not working" mate?

what exactly does it do and not do?

looks like a MKIII.

pretty certain it is Col.

could well be that as its a 96 car, and Lexus did not introduce it in the UK till 98, that its not using the right equipment / satellites

O.K just been round to have a look and on the display screen (touch) everything is in English apart from the sat nav,surrounding the screen are approx 10/12 buttons, the ones along the top and bottom are in english and the buttons (4 maybe 6) down the side are in Japanese,and where the gear shift is there is also a red button,does anyone have a clue what this is for.

:)

Sat nav does work its just that its in Japanese,i have told him to go to night school to learn the language. :D

the buttons (4 maybe 6) down the side are in Japanese,and where the gear shift is there is also a red button,does anyone have a clue what this is for.

guesses. :winky:

the buttons down the side sound like controls for the climate control, audio, settings, trip computer etc - pushing them should give you a clue ;)

I can post pictures of the GS pictures for these if you like.

Red button by the gear selector - maybe the shift override button?

Although - don't think its red.

Guess at VSC on /off - press it with the engine on, and you should see the light on the dash

Fancy doing a copy....or i can do a swap (just in case you go to Japan)  :lol: just so i can try b4 i buy one from Lexus :whistling:

Colin has an old DVD from my IS - you could see if you could borrow that?

mine is in use sorry mate - and you are a bit far away for a "test drive" :blush:

We could use a cd from a m8's IS,but would that work as its touch screen on the LS.

Im in Liverpool every 2 weeks. :winky: