Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Needs Help!

hoas

Hia All,

First hello to everybody and this is such a brilliant online club!

I have been mad about getting an IS200 sport for ages, and then one night I was smitten :wub: by one posted in eBay and bid and damn it... I won :hehe: . There is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4525704291

any comments from the experts, does it look like a good :) /bad choice :( ?

I dont know much about what problems to look for in the car when I go to see and pick it up :unsure: .

Any advice coz I need to be rigorous when I go there, anything is fine, I need to get over this spell quickly and scrutinise the car properly :geek: .

Also anybody living in Colchester Essex who can have a look at it for me to make sure its not a lemon :shutit: , I live in Scotland and the journey would be a killer, ... or the advice will just do fine :blush:.

lots of thanks

sAm :wub:

hmm - you've paid a touch over the odds - parkers says

Cost New ('00)    £ 18380

Franchised Dealer  £ 10370

Independent Dealer  £ 9880

Private Good  £ 9395

Private Poor  £ 7290

Part Exchange  £ 8345

you do know that "Gold badge / silver badge" crap he's going on about is complete BS?

there is no such thing as a Silver or Gold badge model.

its a nice looking car - kit and big wheels.

The wheels are aftermarket and will need to be declared to your insurance company - I'm not a bodykit kinda guy, but I'm sure of the other guys on here can tell you if its a standard kit or not, and whether you should declare that too.

haha silver and gold badge models!

yes that is a standard bodykit available from the dealer.

With the way prices are now I don't think I would have paid that much for a 00 reg with 63,000 miles

it also says the car has a lot of power, i'd disagree to that although it's all relative a suppose.

take a look at this as to what to check when you see it

'Can' belt has been changed already though and hopefully you will have many years of trouble free Lexus driving! Is he giving you the standard wheels too?

First job is to paint the calipers :D

its an is200 sport model, body kit is standard the spoiler is not thats an optional extra as mat says the gold/silver badge stuff is bull. dont know why the cam belt was changed as that gets done at the 100,000 mile service.

there are cheaper cars out there also and ones without all that gold :sick:

u should get the standard wheels if u can.

hmm - you've paid a touch over the odds - parkers says
Cost New ('00)    £ 18380

Franchised Dealer  £ 10370

Independent Dealer  £ 9880

Private Good  £ 9395

Private Poor  £ 7290

Part Exchange  £ 8345

hmmm, prices i got from parkers are as follows

Cost New ('00) £ 20970

Franchised Dealer £ 12225

Independent Dealer £ 11650

Private Good £ 11080

Private Poor £ 8595

Part Exchange £ 9835

based on an IS200 sport 2000 (X)

its an is200 sport model, body kit is standard the spoiler is not thats an optional extra as mat says the gold/silver badge stuff is bull.  dont know why the cam belt was changed as that gets done at the 100,000 mile service.

there are cheaper cars out there also and ones without all that gold  :sick:

u should get the standard wheels if u can.

the body kit on a sport is not standard, its an optional extra same as the spoiler, but it is a standard TRD kit from a dealership if thats what you mean fluff? bodykit and spoilers gotta be worth about £700?

i think you've got it for a fair price mate, looks nice and shiney, not too keen on the alloys mind. get down there and have a look mate, if it seems a bit fishy then leg it!

oh and welcome to the club!

I dont know much about what problems to look for in the car when I go to see and pick it up  :unsure: .

well if buy an item on eBay... you buy it to buy, not to test drive or look at what problem the car can have... :blush:

anyway you bought it, so have fun with your new motor! :lol:

You could always take the hit on eBay and not buy it - not that I am recommending that, but still you maybe should have viewed it first?

Plus, it look as if you have a long long way to drive down to pick it up - maybe you could meet him halfway, that way you'll know the Lex drives ok!

You could always take the hit on ebay and not buy it - not that I am recommending that, but still you maybe should have viewed it first?

Plus, it look as if you have a long long way to drive down to pick it up - maybe you could meet him halfway, that way you'll know the Lex drives ok!

no tinted windows or mention of rear limited slip diff or any other sport feature. hmm???

you need to check the log book to make sure it is a sport model and not an se with a body kit on. also does it have a Limited Slip Differential alloy pedals, two tone steering wheel and rear tinted windows.

make sure you get the sport bit sorted out first, and if its not a sport then you can walk away.

looks ok from here though :duh:

oooohhh! i HATE to be cynical BUT - if he's made such a big thing about it being 'gold' badged - which is a load of BS as already pointed out, what else has he lied about...??? hopefully, he's just mis-informed on what he thinks are it's selling points?! it does look a lovely Lex tho - hopefully it is a sport too!!

Yeah that's an SE like the boys say, if you don't want it then surely eBay have a way to sort it out as it's not as described.......

The footrest is plastic - that's metal on the sport too...

It does have the stickers in the windows but it could be that they've just been added as they only cost a tenner i think?

Could be he believes it's a Sport and was done over himself - seems weird about the cert from Lexus as I thought all Lexus Approved Used cars had to have FLSH? It's what I was told when I bought mine.

Maybe the cert is just to say "Yes this is a Lexus"!

yep, id say its an SE.as has already been pointed out...............

i looked at the pics before reading the posts above, and picked out the non sport parts imidiatly.

there is nothing to confirm, this car IS NOT A SPORT