Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firefox Problems

Wayne3940

Anyone here use Firefox to browse???????

Been away a while as I had a big crash on the computer that involved a format and re - install of everything

Got past multiple virus probs but the last hurdle is Firefox. It won't let me change theme or remember any bookmarks. Every time I shut it down and re open its back to default. Is there an option for this??????

Never had this problem with it before.......

Been on the Mozilla forums and even though over 150 people looked at my post the only person that answered just said the General Discussion bit was the wrong place to post, :tsktsk:

Edited by ColinBarber

Been away a while as I had a big crash on the computer that involved a format and re - install of everything

Got past multiple virus probs but the last hurdle is Firefox. It won't let me change theme or remember any bookmarks. Every time I shut it down and re open its back to default. Is there an option for this??????

Been on the Mozilla forums and even though over 150 people looked at my post the only person that answered just said the General Discussion bit was the wrong place to post, :tsktsk:

try running firefox -p to create a new profile?

this should make a "nonsense" profile name (such as rtduyghkoh) under your local settings.

Could be you are using the default profile, and as a restricted user you are not allowed to write to the default profile in program files/firefox

only guessing of course! :blush:

try running firefox -p to create a new profile?

this should make a "nonsense" profile name (such as rtduyghkoh) under your local settings.

Could be you are using the default profile, and as a restricted user you are not allowed to write to the default profile in program files/firefox

only guessing of course! :blush:

Thats fixed it..... Cheers. My mate laughed when I said I was asking the Lex owners club..... Thats twice I've only found stuff here thats nothing to do with lexus....

Could make money for the site by turning it into a search engine. It reaches the parts google can't reach........ :D

is there a way of upgrading to the latest version of Firefox..... i think its 1.0

From memory, just download it & install. Should keep all your bookmarks, cookies etc (I always back up my bookmarks just in case)

After upgrading, make it run faster with these tweaks.

is there a way of upgrading to the latest version of Firefox..... i think its 1.0

From memory, just download it & install. Should keep all your bookmarks, cookies etc (I always back up my bookmarks just in case)

After upgrading, make it run faster with these tweaks.

just tried those tweaks, cant say ive noticed a great deal of difference though? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links