Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Even The Mechnics Dont Have A Clue

L3XUSIS200

Hey folks hope you can help.

I Recently put a topic on before about my speedo jumping, I was advised at the time that it may be the speedo convertor. My was due a new clutch so I decided to leave it until now to get it fixed. When I put my car into a local garage after Christmas and all, LOL

Firstly when I got the car back from the mechanic he said he had replaced my speedo convertor, but after a few minutes of driving, it was back to its old self again !. I understand into the year 2000 there was a recall for all Lexus because they had forseen the problem coming. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong ?.

Secondly after getting my clutch changed my gearbox hasn't been right because now only one side is springing back when trying to go back to neutral, the other just sits where ever I leave it. I was wondering if anyone knows wether there is springs or anything in the gearbox ?.

Any help would be great !!!!!!!!!

erm CAPS

1. the speedo possibly pulses because the connection to the speed sensor is not very good, or one of the 3 connections.

regarding the recall by lexus because of Y2K.......who told you that rubbish

as for your gearbox, i cannot say as its fairly impossible to do an online diagnostic on something i cannot feel

Cant help on the speedo issue mate, but could it just be something as simple as a spring for the gearlever? My subaru had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a large spring underneath the car that connected the gearshift linkage to a bracket on the underside. IIRC this springs only purpose was to return the lever to the central position.

Hope this helps.