Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice/valuation Of An Rx300

I am thinking of purchasing a Lexus RX300 and need guidance as regards

valuation and any constructive criticism about the vehicle.

I have been offered one as follows:

2001 / Y Reg

RX300

43000miles

Rear Parking Sensors

Full Lexus Service History

Kesteven cloth interior,

Air con, ABS, alloys, Anti theft system, Multi CD, Rear

Spoiler

How much would you value this in a private sale? I am told it is due for its 40000mile service? What are the average service costs? I would like you genuine guidance on waht sort of price to pay for a car like this. It is in A Black colour. Has only been owned by previousl owner who actually purchased it but finds city centre parking somewhat difficult? Is this something I need to sorry about?

Thanks fo advise.

Sidney

I would say around 15K but with leather interior. Dealer prices towards the heavy end of 16K

Parking is not a problem anywhere. I find it as easy as a mid size saloon.

The power steering is a joy.

If it's your first Lexus then you wouldn't regret the descision whatever model you chose. " LEXUS" Really is a driving experience. But the RX is a great choice a really great car. My car is 5 years old and it has been faultless.

They are my thoughts no doubt a couple of members will be along to give you there point of view.

I hope you buy one even if not the one you are looking at. A wise choice,

Welcome to the club.

Terry

All I will say is I had a Lexus mk1 RX300 for 3 yrs and it never let me down,I was so pleased with the whole lexus "package" that I upgraded to a mk2 Rx300se-l.

In the past I have had Range Rovers -Isuzu troopers- Ford Explorers- Land Cruisers- 4 runners, etc etc.

Out of all these the only one I would consider going back to is the Toyota Land Cruiser amazon as its diesel and the insurance is one group lower.

To be honest I was going for a BMW X5 but the way I was treated by BMW was so disgusting that I would never even consider getting one now. For just one example of BMW I had to wait for 5, yes 5 months to even get a test drive in one, and I booked 3 appointments with them. each time I turned up at the showroom not only was I ignored for at least half an hour, but they even had the cheek to say they didn't even know about me let alone having a test drive.

This is a totally different experience to Lexus. When I took my first Rx300 for a 30,000 service, I asked for a new demo model as I was thinking of upgrading.

Not only did I get a brand new car to test, top of the range RX300 SE-L, but I also had it for the day, and to top it all the car was low on fuel so the salesman took it down the garage and filled the tank for me. Having been a motorist for over 40 years and had many new cars never before has the car been on test with a full tank.

I have found that its not just the sellng of the car Lexus are interested in, the back up, i.e service, is superb not only the committment ,but I have always had another RX 300 ( Similar model)as a loan car when requested, not like other dealers who give you a clapped out old banger.

I can't speak for other dealerships ( Lexus Wolverhampton I went to) but I do believe that the same standard is right across the country and would not hesitate to recommend the brand.

Mileage around the houses average 21 mpg but motorway over 32 mpg but then again its still a tight engine being new car, and I don't drive possibly as economically as I should.

Finally just to say I have no connection with the motor trade whatsoever, Just one very very satisfied customer.

Realspeed

Quick note.

before you buy private the dealership in Jockey road, the birmingham dealership, has according to their web site, got several Rx300's in stock and you get a 1yrs warrantee with it which you wouldn't get from a private purchase, maybe worth thinking about. can't hurt checking the site out.

Realspeed

I am thinking of purchasing a Lexus RX300 and need guidance as regards

valuation and any constructive criticism about the vehicle.

I have been offered one as follows:

2001 / Y Reg

RX300

43000miles

Rear Parking Sensors

Full Lexus Service History

Kesteven cloth interior,

Air con, ABS, Alloys, Anti theft system, Multi CD, Rear

Spoiler

How much would you value this in a private sale? I am told it is due for its 40000mile service?  What are the average service costs?  I would like you genuine guidance on waht sort of price to pay for a car like this.  It is in A Black colour.  Has only been owned by previousl owner who actually purchased it but finds city centre parking somewhat difficult?  Is this something I need to sorry about?

Thanks fo advise.

Sidney

My RX had its 40k service last July at a total cost of £375 but that included new front brake pads as well.

It had its 50k service yesterday at a cost £290 including new brake pads on the rear and the MOT Test fee (£42).

Apart from tyres these (plus the 10k, 20k and 30k services) have been the only costs I have paid out.

They suggested today that next time I may well need new front disks which will cost around £250.

One thing you may want to think about is if it has sat nav. A new DVD with an upto date map (for Europe mind you!) costs a lot (I think I have seen references to £350+)

Had this car since new and it still feels new. Superb car and, if can afford it in a few years time, I will consider another.

Have just discovered that the car a considerable amount of swirl type marks or rather light scratches, and has had the rear Bumper replaced. Are "Denso" Parking Sensors Standard on these cars or are they aftermarket?

Also can someone tell me which Insurance group in the RX300 in? and perhaps wha tthe average insurance is being paid?

The car is being offered at 14500.00 to me.

How much would you value this in a private sale? I am told it is due for its 40000mile service?    I would like you genuine guidance on waht sort of price to pay for a car like this. 

Thanks for advise.

Sidney

Insurance group 15

Fully comp with 3yrs NCB I am paying £485 hire car + breakdown cover incl.

With Privelage.

14.5K + a service around 15K. I would shop around and definitely go for leather interior.You will pick one up. It's a buyers market for this model and even at dealers there is deals to be done. Check out Auto Trader.

If it's had a new bumper it could have been in a bump. Have you had the vehicle HPi checked?

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Thi s car has been sold now. SO I am on the lookout for something else. If anyone knows of anything or a sale of a LExus RX300. I am willing to spend about £12k to £18k. Thanks for all your advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links