Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control On/off Button

nokio

Has anyone had any problems with the traction control unit malfunctioning in any way.

Has anyone bypassed the traction control, how?

My button does not always deactivate the unit, I press it and it does not always say "TRC OFF".

Over the weekend I was driving, geared down to second to pass another car and the gas totally cut out and the gas pedal wasnt responding. Backed off the gas and went back on and i passed the car.

At times when I floored the gas it cut out again (not the entire car, just the fueling-power was still there).

Nokio

sounds more like the rev limiter kicking in

if you were travalling in a straight line surely the traction shouldnt be coming in

I have had the car for over a year now and it never did this before, in fact it worked as it was designed to-whenever there is a slide it controls it by reducing the gas etc., therefore I am assuming that there is no wiring fault.

Further it definitely cant be the rev limiter because it comes in at different rev limits, varying in range from 4000 to 7000rpm.

It happens when I suddenly floor the gas.

Nokio

if you were travalling in a straight line surely the traction shouldnt be coming in

I have had the car for over a year now and it never did this before, in fact it worked as it was designed to-whenever there is a slide it controls it by reducing the gas etc., therefore I am assuming that there is no wiring fault.

Further it definitely cant be the rev limiter because it comes in at different rev limits, varying in range from 4000 to 7000rpm.

Nokio

I think the traction control works by using the ABS to brake the wheel a little rather than reducing throttle. Sounds more like an engine managment problem mate but I'm sure one of the tech guys will be along in a min to help

What are the road conditions and tyre condition like?

Smooth roads,

Good treading on tires

In 1st gear moving off slowly then flooring the gas, it will cut

if I accelerate slowly and change to second I will have no problem whatsoever.

Nokio

I think the traction control works by using the ABS to brake the wheel a little rather than reducing throttle. Sounds more like an engine managment problem mate but I'm sure one of the tech guys will be along in a min to help

Oops forgot to mention the button is a pulse type switch, ie there is no physical switching action you are just sending a pulse to the computer. Its easy to prove the switch with a multimeter if thats what you suspect

What are the road conditions and tyre condition like?

Smooth roads,

Good treading on tires

In 1st gear moving off slowly then flooring the gas, it will cut

if I accelerate slowly and change to second I will have no problem whatsoever.

are the roads damp?

Not so on the altezza's. Thats what the whole purpose of the electronic throttle is. It usees the ABS to sense the difference in wheel speed between the front and rear wheels then limits the throttle.

I have my traction control disabled. Just cut the 2 wires at the back of the connector and solder them together.

Not so on the altezza's. Thats what the whole purpose of the electronic throttle is. It usees the ABS to sense the difference in wheel speed between the front and rear wheels then limits the throttle.

I have my traction control disabled. Just cut the 2 wires at the back of the connector and solder them together.

That sounds damn good, so just pull the two wires at the back solder them. Will that give me the TRC OFF, I like to see it.

Thanks, I will try. Went through the entire wiring of the trc yesterday and cleaned everything. No more problems.

Sirnixalot, I will give you a PM about some other stuff- like the set up of ur car.

Nokio

• 2 years later...

HI

can you give me detail to how to do this. As i dont seem to have a traction control button just a plug comming out under the radio unit.

Any help will be much appriciated as i need to turn the traction control off on mine.

Regards

Vik

can you give me detail to how to do this. As i dont seem to have a traction control button just a plug comming out under the radio unit.

Any help will be much appriciated as i need to turn the traction control off on mine.

Regards

Vik

So you dont have a small panel below your cdplayer/radio/minidisc player with 2 buttons SNOW and TRC wriiten on them? simply press the button and TRC should be turned off, if this doesnt work maybe a fuse or wiring issue somewhere. stick up a pic of ur plug ur talking about

How to post a picture incase you dont know how :whistling: