Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help! My Is300 Rattles And Creaks

tocc

I am in some desperate need for advice. My 2001 Lexus IS300 has been a wonderful car for me, but in the last year or so it started to develop this irritating rattling noise coming from inside the dash on the passenger side. I took it in twice to my Lexus Service center, but they apparently didn't hear the rattle and dismissed it. Finally, this last time, the rattle has gotten so bad that I test drove it with the mechanic and he heard the noise. (There is also a seperate creak noise coming from the right window area when I go over bumps).

Problem solved...right? WRONG. The car is still under warranty. I got a phone call back from Lexus saying that they are not going to fix the noise because of an accident I had back in 2002 (minor, cosmetic only, the bumber was replaced). This was something from THREE summers ago and they are trying to blame this NEW noise on that. Huh???

I would understand why they would not honor the warranty if I had hurt the engine or inside of my car. This accident was completly superficial, everything ran perfectly minutes after the accident. I just had to fix some dents and the bumper.

What should I do? They are refusing to do service on it and also are refusing to even give me an estimate and diagnosis so that I can have the option to pay for it! They said "we don't do body panel work."

I have read through these newsgroups and hear all about this same rattling from other lexus users from the dash area. Do I have any recourse?

Please help. I am meeting with the service agent tomorrow to go over this.

THanks!!

SAME HER MATE. SOZ CANT HELP THOUGH MY IS IS200 CREAKING SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE BACK OF THE CAR LIKE THE BACK SHELF AREA BUT I CANT SORT THE DAM NOISE! I 'VE ONLY HAD THE CAR 2 MONTHS ON A 52 PLATE AND IT CREAKS LIKE ITS 20YEARS OLD! HAVNT CONTACTD THE DEALERS YET AS DONT THINK THAY WOULD SORT IT!

SO IF ANY ONE KNOWS HOW TO SOLVE THE PROB PLEASE ITS DOIN MY HEAD IN . . .

I get a creaking noise from the front two seats. Passengers seast is worse. Specialy when some of my larger friends get in :P

Still very irritating!!

This is most likely not to be the seat, but rather the seat belt buckle. Loads of people have had this, check it out :winky:

I get a creaking noise from the front two seats. Passengers seast is worse. Specialy when some of my larger friends get in :P

Still very irritating!!

This is most likely not to be the seat, but rather the seat belt buckle. Loads of people have had this, check it out :winky:

Will do, what was the remedy? :blush:

Still very irritating!!

Had it replaced under warranty, but not sure if replacement is the only cure... :unsure:

Sorry can't be more help

Still very irritating!!

Had it replaced under warranty, but not sure if replacement is the only cure... :unsure:

Sorry can't be more help

Surely mine is out of warrenty as its a 2001 and was bought from an independant dealer. Although the car is covered for 12 months, i'll take a look and see if a little WD40 helps :lol:

if u have noise from back. it's probably formthe third brake light mounting. give it a shake. as it might be loose

noise from front panels is most likely the rubbing noise between panels.

my friend told me he put business cards between penals.

I actually removed the the panels (under sterring wheel) and put some thin sponge in as insulator near where panels join.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links