Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Series

kam05

Has anyone seen this week AutoExpress?, coz they have first official pictures of the new IS series which is due to go on sale in 2006 (about March time, I think).

There will be an IS250 which will be powered by an 215bhp V6 2.5 litre petrol unit and an IS350 which will be powered by an 315bhp V6 3.5 litre petrol unit. There will also be a diesel IS220d powered by a 4 cylinder 2.2 diesel unit (probably a Toyota Avensis diesel unit or similar). Both petrol units will come as auto's and the diesel unit will have a six speed manual box. All varients will be rear wheel drive, of course.

The new IS series is longer and wider than the current model and will also feature twin exhuasts (like on the current GS series), but personally I perfer the design of the current model, although it's good to see that Lexus will be using more powerful petrol units in the new car, and also there will be a diesel- a first for Lexus!

Prices will start @ about 19K.

Have a look at an AutoExpress magazine and see wot u think of the new IS series....

Hi mate, this was covered here already:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=20066&hl=

The pics are still mock ups.....

hi mate,

if you take a look at the AutoExpress magazine you will see that the new IS is similar to the picture in link that you have given....

@ Kam - the Auto Express pics are on page 3 of that thread mate......

Looking forward to seeing the final result....

Cheers for that mate,

should have have read the thread properly, my bad....

a little more information here

* Lexus recently increased specification levels and prices for the outgoing IS. Generous discounts are available to soften the blow, but buyers should realise that the new car's arrival will dent the current model's residual values.

NOOOOOOOOOO! OK I know it is expected but still depressing when you read it :crybaby:

No! Not again!

I do really not understand how its possible that nobody has a real picture of it.And for what reason do Lexus keep this information so secret? All the other manufacturers has allready showed public pictures of they cars (BMW 3,VW Passat,Saab,Alfa Romeo...) They will all debute at Geneva Auto Show.

So exactly what makes Lexus so special?This "Area 51" secrecy makes the expectations so high that when the real car is showed,everybody will get disappointed. :sad:

So exactly what makes Lexus so special?This "Area 51" secrecy makes the expectations so high that when the real car is showed,everybody will get disappointed.  :sad:

I expect a part of it is that they want to keep selling cars.

if they start showing pics and detailed specs 9 months before launch - then sales would plummet.

all the secrecy means people buy the current model, 'cos they dont know if they will like the new one