Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedometer In Km/h Only

Ireland has recently changed all speed limits to metric and now i'd like to put a KM/h speedo in :duh:

Do the Altezza's come with KM/h only speedo :question: or do they have Mph and KM/h like the Irish / UK spec cars :question:

Is it easy to change the speedo dial? Do you have to change the whole cluster or can the dial face alone be changed?

If the whole cluster has to be changed is it just a matter of taking out the old and plugging in the new and most importantly is it difficult as I am mechanically challenged :tomato:

f your car has km/h and mph... cant you just leave it?

Thats like saying "everybodys car comes with wheels so why do people change them?" :P :P :P

Of course I could just leave it but don't like squinting at the dash looking for the little yellow numbers and let's face it the IS dials aren't the brightest dials around at night

For those who've had the speedo cluster out is it easy to make changes?

I have an IS200 and I am also in Ireland. Why dont you just look at the KPH sign drop the zero and multiple by 6

ie 100kph  drop a zero = 10kph x 6 = 60mph!! BINGO

Maths is funnnnnnnn!!!

Those wheels have made you loose your marbles Owen!! :lol:

Not that I take any notice of what the feckin signs say anyways!

I have an IS200 and I am also in Ireland. Why dont you just look at the KPH sign drop the zero and multiple by 6

ie 100kph  drop a zero = 10kph x 6 = 60mph!! BINGO

Maths is funnnnnnnn!!!

Those wheels have made you loose your marbles Owen!! :lol:

Not that I take any notice of what the feckin signs say anyways!

GALLA......I'm a bit that way myself but have had a few brushes with the law :whistling: and think my luck has run out so going to be a good boy now :winky:

Matt...... "easy" and "involved" don't quite go together in my mind

INVOLVED translates to :tsktsk: I MADE A :tsktsk: OF IT :crybaby::crybaby:

f your car has km/h and mph... cant you just leave it?

Thats like saying "everybodys car comes with wheels so why do people change them?" :P :P :P

Of course I could just leave it but don't like squinting at the dash looking for the little yellow numbers and let's face it the IS dials aren't the brightest dials around at night

For those who've had the speedo cluster out is it easy to make changes?

i would love it if i could run on one set of tyre for my whole life..... :driving:

..... i taken out the speedo before and it take 5 min.... only a couple of screws and out it pops.

if you thinking of changing the whole cluster to a altezza one i would check if the connectors and the wiring are the same.