Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My GS300 has an botched 'upgrade' to the audio system which I would like to return to standard or at least get working better.

Only the front speakers and the subwoofer are currently driven by the standard Lexus system. Setting the fader to R would indicate that only the sub is being driven on the rear set. The rear passenger door speakers and some Pioneer 6x9s (on the parcel shelf) are driven by a separate Sony amp.

As the amp install is a definite bodge, I removed the fuse as it caused massive bangs through the driven speakers whenever I changed the gear selector, pressed the brakes etc. Even when working it sounded terrible.

The amp is earthed to the car's body, inside the boot. Is this usually how you would ground an amp? I'm a car audio novice.

Also the +12v cable which comes directly off the Battery runs parallel with the audio signal cable - which I always thought was a no-no.

Basically I want to remove this Sony amp, ignore the 6x9s and hook up the factory door speakers. Any idea how I would do this? Is there perhaps an amp under the standard factory CD changer?

Thanks for any help

My GS300 has an botched 'upgrade' to the audio system which I would like to return to standard or at least get working better.

Only the front speakers and the subwoofer are currently driven by the standard Lexus system. Setting the fader to R would indicate that only the sub is being driven on the rear set. The rear passenger door speakers and some Pioneer 6x9s (on the parcel shelf) are driven by a separate Sony amp.

As the amp install is a definite bodge, I removed the fuse as it caused massive bangs through the driven speakers whenever I changed the gear selector, pressed the brakes etc. Even when working it sounded terrible.

The amp is earthed to the car's body, inside the boot. Is this usually how you would ground an amp? I'm a car audio novice.

Also the +12v cable which comes directly off the battery runs parallel with the audio signal cable - which I always thought was a no-no.

Basically I want to remove this Sony amp, ignore the 6x9s and hook up the factory door speakers. Any idea how I would do this? Is there perhaps an amp under the standard factory CD changer?

Thanks for any help

The amp is under the cd changer