Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Problem ?

Has anybody experienced this "problem" when starting their car. And if so what do you think the problem could be.

I turn the key. The engine turns over really well (so it doesn't appear as though there is a Battery problem). But it can take quite a while to kick in.

It only happens occasionally so I'm kinda ignoring it at the mo, but would be interested to find out if anybody else is experiencing this.

When you say it does it occasionally are there any common factors?

Is it when it's cold, damp or hot?

Or just random?

Obviously it could be many things but if you can be more specific it can make it easier to diagnose.

When you say it does it occasionally are there any common factors?

Is it when it's cold, damp or hot?

Or just random?

Obviously it could be many things but if you can be more specific it can make it easier to diagnose.

It seems to be okay when it's cold - it starts no problem first thing in the morning. It sounds daft, but it only seems to happen when I come out of work (8 hours later), that I seem to get these probs.

I had one occasion when it turned over and over and over and then eventually started.

I've had a couple of other occasions when it's turned over quick (about 5-6 times) and then kicked in kinda slow - like it's only just kicked in at 100 rpms, and built up to 1200rpms.

Snap mate. My Is has done this a few times now and exactly how yours does. Fine in the morning even in the snow we had but when i finish work the baby sometimes dont want to go. Weird i put it down to Battery problem and am keeping my eye on that but any other pointers much appreciated.

I only joined this forum a few weeks ago and have done nothing but complain about teething problems i'm getting with my car. Starting to wonder if it was the right choice, or if the dealer kept 'something' from me. a little confused??? and a bit dissapointed!

It sounds from that like it's a fuelling problem maybe due to the ambient temperature. In the old days that was usually the autochoke playing up and you'd buy a manual one instead, nowadays things as you know are more complicated. I'm not sure what lexus you've got ( not that it should matter, other than specific model faults) but there'll be loads of different sensors as part of the fuel injection system as well as ones for temperature. I'm new to Lexus but i'm sure someone will post with more help as this may be a specific problem to your model. Presumably lexus can interrogate your cars management system if it becomes a "hard" fault.

It sounds from that like it's a fuelling problem maybe due to the ambient temperature. In the old days that was usually the autochoke playing up and you'd buy a manual one instead, nowadays things as you know are more complicated. I'm not sure what lexus you've got ( not that it should matter, other than specific model faults)  but there'll be loads of different sensors as part of the fuel injection system as well as ones for temperature. I'm new to Lexus but i'm sure someone will post with more help as this may be a specific problem to your model. Presumably lexus can interrogate your cars management system if it becomes a "hard" fault.

I did wonder at one point whether it would by "dirty" fuel, as the Sainsbury's where I go for my petrol - my Sister has complained about in the past.

Think they all do it to a point, mine does if a leave it for a day without using, may possibly be down to fuel evapouration or something.

Also after standing for so long the ecu will check the system before allowing the enginge to fire, this can take longer if the cars stood for a while

I only joined this forum a few weeks ago and have done nothing but complain about teething problems i'm getting with my car. Starting to wonder if it was the right choice, or if the dealer kept 'something' from me. a little confused??? and a bit dissapointed!

:offtopic:

What you must remember, that you will probably only 90% of the time find on this forum ... and all other car forums, the faults, problems, and grief people get from the car they own ! - and post it on here with some hope that they will get the answer ....

If we were to all boast how good out Lexi' were .. it would be rather boring i'm sure :winky:

True it would be boring! I love me Lexi really just having a bad day! :D

My previous IS200 ... gave me a few probs ... and I was going maaad ! .... however, look .... what car I'm getting again, a Lexus !

Once you go Lex ... you can't go back ! lol :lol::hehe:

:offtopic:

If we were to all boast how good out Lexi' were .. it would be rather boring i'm sure :winky:

Did I tell you how fantastic the paintwork is on my Lex ? :D