Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving Lexus

Guys I just want to say thanks for all your help and advice during my period of Lexus ownership. This is a great forum with some great people and I will miss it. My Lexus is going on Monday sold to a Lexus dealer for £31K (cost me £38 - list price £41 ) Tried to sell it privately. After 3,000 miles and 6 months thats a bitter pill to swallow !

It was my second car (hence the low miles) and I have to say it has been fantastic, I recommend the RX to anyone who wants a great looking, great driving, well built SUV.

So keep up the good work, I might call in on the forum from time to time to see how its going.

Enjoy your cars guys.

Bye for now.....

why you selling after such a short time?

I always wanted a big engine, with all the issues over SUV's and stuff, I thought now was probably the last chance for me to get the V8 I really want. I'm 40 this year and entering my mid life crises so the 4.8 X5 is hopefully going to be the cure. The X5 arrives in May and has replaced an order for A Range Rover Sport (too boxy). Maybe when the power thing is out of my system and I come to my senses, I'll come back to Lexus...

Easylife, follow your heart and enjoy. I have a feeling that my LS may be my last big car. The liberal winkey ****eys are taking over the world and want us all to lower our sights to the level that they can achieve.So you and I and people like us will become the new lepers. I hear that the mayor of London is considering banning 4x4 vehicles.So let's all have some fun and fullfilment before the politically correct anti car brigade take over the world.

The liberal winkey ****eys are taking over the world and want us all to lower our sights to the level that they can achieve.So you and I and people like us will become the new lepers. I hear that the mayor of London is considering banning 4x4 vehicles.So let's all have some fun and fullfilment before the politically correct anti car brigade take over the world.

Here Here :driving:

But guys, that's where the RX400H come into the picture.

Imagine if Toyota is successful in their application for the car's exemption to the City of London congestion charge!!

Exactly for the same reasons you all mention above, I am replacing my 2001 Range Rover Vouge with a RX400H as soon as it is delivered in the UK (ordered one in December 2004).

As they say "have your cake and eat it as well".

Cheers

Carsten

:driving:

But guys, that's where the RX400H come into the picture.

Imagine if Toyota is successful in their application for the car's exemption to the City of London congestion charge!!

Exactly for the same reasons you all mention above, I am replacing my 2001 Range Rover Vouge with a RX400H as soon as it is delivered in the UK (ordered one in December 2004).

As they say "have your cake and eat it as well".

Cheers

Carsten

:driving: Second that.

Never ever have a BMW X5, or any other BMW the sales people are rubbish they cannot even meet agreed test drive dates , 3 times and 20 minutes wait each time and they denied ever booking one.

took 5 month even for a test drive and 14 month wait to get new X5. The couldn't care less attitude, take it or leave it, is not what I expect when purchasing a car for well over £40,000 .

BMW LEAVE WELL ALONE

realspeed

Never ever have a BMW X5, or any other BMW the sales people are rubbish they cannot even meet agreed test drive dates , 3 times and 20 minutes wait each time and they denied ever booking one.

took 5 month even for a test drive and 14 month wait to get new X5. The couldn't care less attitude,  take it or leave it, is not what I expect when purchasing a car for well over £40,000 .

BMW LEAVE WELL ALONE

realspeed

I tend to agree, I have looked many times at BMW and can't seem to warm to them. Everyone owns a X5 around here and they are on every street corner, test drove one and could not say there was a real diference in drive from the RX, if anything the air sus on the RX-L was as harsh as the BM, I opted for the RX300SE which after 500 miles in each (RX and RX-L)seems more suited to the roads I drive on. Just my 2 Pence :blush:

You guys make me smile :) I miss my car already, but I have to get this out of my system. The RX is better than the X5 in so many ways. If it had a little bit more power and some bigger wheels and tyres to fill its arches, I might have kept it. I will take a look at the RX 400 when it arrives but running on motors at low speeds with no engine noise - that would take some getting used to ! (may not have my facts straight there but thats as I understand it). All it would take for me to return would be a big diesel or the 4.3 (?) from the new GS. Sorry environmentalists but I want some fun before its too late.....

The Lexus experience is unique and this forum is great. 'When' I do come back to Lexus I hope some of you will still be here...

Pete.....

You guys make me smile  :)  I miss my car already, but I have to get this out of my system. The RX is better than the X5 in so many ways. If it had a little bit more power and some bigger wheels and tyres to fill its arches, I might have kept it. I will take a look at the RX 400 when it arrives but running on motors at low speeds with no engine noise - that would take some getting used to ! (may not have my facts straight there but thats as I understand it). All it would take for me to return would be a big diesel or the 4.3 (?) from the new GS. Sorry environmentalists but I want some fun before its too late.....

The Lexus experience is unique and this forum is great. 'When' I do come back to Lexus I hope some of you will still be here...

Pete.....

:driving: good luck pete, hope you really enjoy the new toy, John