Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is250 / Is350

Steve

No official pics of the new IS have been released as of yet but i picked up a copy of auto express the other day and theres one in there-cant remember wot page, near the front i think! iI think its stunning cant wait till the end of the year!

Nothing to the public has been released, but all the mags will have a Real photo last weekend... I am a registered press officer with Lexus and Toyota.. thus the reason I have a picture sent to me.

it will be a stunner... for the first time I actually like the IS..

I'm normally one for instant gratification..

However, in this case, so many facts and figures (some true, some not) have been thrown around alongside many 'concept' and 'chopped' photos, I think im just going to wait until 1st March until the official shots and information is fully released..

Oh bum! I'm in Italy those days :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: I'll have to wait until i get home to see it...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww no fair :crybaby: :mat: :whistling:

No official pics of the new IS have been released as of yet but i picked up a copy of auto express the other day and theres one in there-cant remember wot page, near the front i think! iI think its stunning cant wait till the end of the year!

Nothing to the public has been released, but all the mags will have a Real photo last weekend... I am a registered press officer with Lexus and Toyota.. thus the reason I have a picture sent to me.

Does this mean that the lexus is going to be completely different? Will we be able to keep exclusivity and production numbers down, as opposed to BMW etc. If the new IS is going to be such a winner, aren't we now to expect "common as muck" and b=BIG deppreciations of our present IS's?

Does this mean that the lexus is going to be completely different? Will we be able to keep exclusivity and production numbers down, as opposed to BMW etc. If the new IS is going to be such a winner, aren't we now to expect "common as muck" and b=BIG deppreciations of our present IS's?

We will all see our present IS cars to depreciate but how do you think BMW owners feel when they facelift their models every 6 months or so?!

Although the BMW is the vectra of todays roads, they still hold their value pretty good. A big name and varied engine/chassis designs ensure demand is still consistant. Lexus could do well to learn from this.

So long as they don't mess about with facelifting the cars so often!!

Sorry if it's already been done, but I've not read it until I found below:

The new generation Lexus IS makes its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, and includes Lexus's first diesel engine, an all-aluminium, 2.2-litre 175 bhp four-cylinder unit.

Unfortunately the diesel is not available until next year.

The IS is also available with a new 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine with a stoichiometric direct injection system, matched with a six-speed automatic transmission with sequential paddle-shift control.

The car will also feature Lexus's radar-controlled Pre-Crash Safety system (PCS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Intelligent Adaptive Front Lighting System (I-AFS). Ten airbags will be fitted as standard, including a first-in-segment double knee airbag. Performance, traction control and vehicle stability will be further enhanced by Lexus's Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management System (VDIM).

The new generation IS will go on sale in Europe at the end of 2005 with the diesel model following in 2006.

------------------------------------------------------

stoichiometric eh? Think I'll sign up a new nickname!

Anybody interested in a group buy next year (and I'm being serious), do you think we'll get some discount bearing in mind the demand?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links