Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Article In News Of The World About Makeup

eddiea1

there was an article in todays News of the World about a "Ladies Cosmetic" that puts an ultra reflective sheen on a car number plate, making it invisible to speed cameras...

anyone know what this is?? :driving:

I beleive that no product exists to outwit a speed camera.I own a sign comany and some time ago we received a circular from the DVLA explaining that if we produced number plates (which we do not) with reflective black letters and numbers we would be prosecuted. (yes! reflective black vinyl does exist and it reflects white).

But if you did use makeup on your car at least you would help it get in touch with it's female side. :lol:

I can just imagine the local chavs running out of the house with their mums Blue eyeshadow and covering the number plates on their Novas.

Those that have had the article in the NEWS of the WORLD read to them that is!

Yeah its all hype to make you buy it then put it on your car(wont work),speed down the road get points on your license,up your premiums in the hope you get enough points so you lose your license and take you off the road.

It certainly does. I've put it to good use on the back of my motorcycle. This stuff is completely black in normal daylight. The picture below doesn't give the full impact.

st1300tbcolornite.jpg

Not my bike, mine's the faster blue one, which matches my IS200 :D

Mike Roberts

The only sure way of not getting nicked for speeding is to have a flip up plate

Nah mate, the only sure way not to get nicked for speeding is not to speed. There's worse things than static/ mobile cameras out there.

Everyone speeds at one time or another

Of course we do but we know the consequences if (when) we get caught.

I ride a fireblade and it's getting so hard to "make progress" on the roads these days, as i'm sure bike riders like yourself appreciate.

• 3 weeks later...
Have just been to the Ideal Home Exhibition(yea sad I know)and on one of the heavy sell tosh stands was a spray to make number plates invisable to speed cameras. They say thet the product is legal? Link below :question:Safeplate

so does the spray make ur plates blurred then and is this made by the same company who makes the black patches that go over eyes to hide ur identity :hehe:

24 notes.....bit steap for posh hairspray :P

I have been told it does work but i recall that if the negative of a picture was used, under some conditions, then plates were visible.

There was a telly program some time ago where they showed a completely yellow numberplate as taken by a speed camera.

The operator then switched to 'inverse video' 'negative' mode and the numberplate was clearly visible.

Gotcha :) or :(

I'm sure it was closer to 200Mph! ;)

I use Photoblocker spray on my number plates. It makes the plate shiny and reflective. I'd not stake my license on how good it is however! :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

If anyone wants to borrow it they can try it out - in return for driving past a speed camera at speed to see if it works! :whistling: :winky: :zee: