Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Collect My Is200

Dayu

Hi everybody,

I am about to collect my IS200 in about 2 weeks (arrived in the port today, will be able to collect before Mar 05). Some details of what I'm getting. It will be the in-line 6 VVTI 2.0 version, and living in Singapore, will cost a ridiculous sum (happens when you get an approx 300% car tax). The only good news is that it will come fully kitted out. Leather, front, side & rear skirts, bootlid spoiler, solar tinted film, etc etc. Unfortunately, I am only able to get the 4AT version, which further restricts the already limited power of the engine. The main reason why I'm picking up the IS200 is because driving around in a heavily modified honda civic has gotten tiring, and I've decided to switch to a more civilised ride. That said, the IS200 will be almost 400kg heavier and have about 50 less hp vs my previous ride and while I'm not looking to make things equal, a slight (10-15%) increase in power would be much appreciated.

I've only recently had the good fortune to discover this forum, and have been reading some of the posts. From what I see, the bulk of the modifications seem to be done (& produced) by a local UK workshop (TDI?). As such, I'm asking for help and comments for a list of parts from more 'international' modifications companies (ie. HKS, Greddy, etc etc), which would be more readily available over here.

Things I'm looking to change are:

1. Air intake

2. Exhaust (headers all the way to muffler - preferably without extreme noise increase)

3. Brakes (pads/discs - probably phase 2 after I wear out the current set a little)

4. Other mods for mild hp increase w/o forced induction/engine change :)

So, any recommendations/comments on some of the options available for the above?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to LOC Dayu, hope you enjoy your stay ......... and your new car !

I'm sure all the modded Lexus owners will be along soon, and advice you of all the best mods for your car, to expect the power increase you are after !

Make sure you put some pictures up when you get the car, and don't for get to go goldicon.gif to save extra on all your mods !

Regards,

Heh, I was wondering whether or not to put my birthday in when I registered. Guess I was practically asking for a couple of 'young' person jibes :D That said, I'm very appreciative of the speedy response I got from you guys.

Anyway, I've read the thread referred to me, but it seems to mainly suggest general mods, ie. mod the exhaust, intake etc etc.

What I'd like to ask is whether there are any specific parts? ie. a particular make of exhaust, or a specific cold air intake (not very cold over here. ambient temperatures of 30 degs all year round, but better than the engine bay). I promise to take pictures and post reviews when I get them installed!

PS. Scarface, you mentioned the 'gold membership'. How is that going to be able to get me discounted parts if I'm not actually in the UK? While I'm in the UK quite often (in fact, I've lived in the UK in the past, most recently spending a year in Leicester over 03-04), I'm not sure I want to lug back an entire exhaust system :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since this thread died, but I've finally picked up my IS200. Been a little busy (and also spending some time driving to reach the 1000 servicing), but pictures will follow shortly.

It's an '05 IS200, fresh outta japan, with everything from the factory (except the solar film), so let me know if there's any particular area you guys would like pictures of (ie. certain trims, etc etc).

In the meantime, I've hooked up with the Singapore Altezza Club, and I'm already drooling over all the possibilities. Will keep you guys posted on stuff that goes in :)

PS. Scarface, you mentioned the 'gold membership'. How is that going to be able to get me discounted parts if I'm not actually in the UK? While I'm in the UK quite often (in fact, I've lived in the UK in the past, most recently spending a year in Leicester over 03-04), I'm not sure I want to lug back an entire exhaust system :)

Where was this thread hiding ? :P

Dayu, congrats on picking up your new car ...... you can still benefit from going GOLD although you are not in the UK.

There are a few place that can be found right here on LOC that will give you discount's online. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links