Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:angry: I was reading about "Scarface" loosing his car to car jackers (hope you've had some good news since) I have owned many quality cars in the past and all have had the option of UNLOCKING the drivers door only first. This however is not programable on the Lexus (RX300SE) this seams almost unbeleivable as the main sales of the car are in the USA where car jacking is more prevelant!! :yawn:

LexusJohn - this is the relevant page of the lexus c-best settings

page_03.sized.jpg

as you can see - the RX is not listed.

But - this is taken from a TSIB released 22/06/01 - maybe an updated version is available that includes the RX?

Maybe ask your dealer - could be the same codes work on the RX.

Col - snap! I'm getting this done on the 28th when the car is in to have the stereo looked at :)

LexusJohn - this is the relevant page of the lexus c-best settings

page_03.sized.jpg

as you can see - the RX is not listed.

But - this is taken from a TSIB released 22/06/01 - maybe an updated version is available that includes the RX? 

Maybe ask your dealer - could be the same codes work on the RX.

Col - snap! I'm getting this done on the 28th when the car is in to have the stereo looked at :)

I'll check with the dealer matthew thanks. john

I also read the car jacking thread,whats it coming to nowaday?

my point..

My old 1991 import has the hijack locking,bit of a pain when theres people travelling in the car,nearly pulling the handles off trying to get out cos ive forgot to unlock when i stop,ive also noticed the locking on the key,one turn unlocks just the drivers door,another turn and the others unlock.

Im just surprized by how old the car is and the stuff on it..

Hope you can get yours sorted out.

Cheers chips.

Not all C-BEST setting apply to the UK. e.g UNLOCK/PARK on that list is not available - or hasn't been in the past.

Also many dealers don't know about these settings when you ask - Best get Lexus customer services to confirm for you.