Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Alarm/immobiliser

The LS i bought came with no paperwork so does anybody know if/what immobiliser/alarm is fitted to the car as STD,its a 92 LS400.

cheers peeps.

:)

Same as mine,I can tell you it is not insurance approved.Fitting a alarm is very difficult and will cost an arm and leg if your insurance company are not asking for thatcham alarm to be fitted dont bother not so sure with regard to fitting an immobiliser.

The quotes i had only the other week for alarms was...

£90 CAT 2 immobiliser all in fitted....

and

£290 CAT 1 laserline alarm all in fitted....

I wouldnt go for a clifford,ive heard alot of unhappy people lately saying they would never have another one fitted.

cheers chips

So it comes with no alarm/immobiliser. :angry:

On my mk1 400 uk car,theres a red light that flashes near the speedo,i thought that was a factory fit immobiliser?

Well thats what i told my insurance company when they asked if the car had alarm/immobiliser.

Thats what i'll be telling them then. :D

On my mk1 400 uk car,theres a red light that flashes near the speedo,i thought that was a factory fit immobiliser?

My 94 LS has got that as well, you have to put the key in the ignition then press the button on remote, then start the car. Does that sound similar to anyone else's. I too have no paperwork for it but carry a spare Battery for the remote in the car, otherwise you're :tsktsk: if your remote Battery runs out in the middle of no-where.

Edited by ColinBarber

The LS i bought came with no paperwork so does anybody know if/what immobiliser/alarm is fitted to the car as STD,its a 92 LS400.

cheers peeps.

:)

on the 96 models it is a scorpion t5000, this was fitted lexus uk.

unfortunetly scorpion went bust a year ago.

you cannot get parts or get them repaired.

i even spoke to the people that took over scorpion, but there only solution was to buy a new system

i ended up getting a toad system fitted, (thatcham approved)

not cheap but lifetime gaurantee & supposed to have good reliability record.

• 2 weeks later...

i was told by tesco insurance that my 93LS has alarm and immobiliser (which i can asure u it has cos ive had it go off when ive left the windows open and car locked)but it wasnt insurance approved until 95 onwards(mark 3 models).Therefore they wouldnt cover me for theft even though im fully comp :crybaby: .So the easy way out was to get a cat2 immobiliser fitted for £99,now ive got 2 immobilisers 1 alarm and fully comp insurance and every ones happy :D

hope this helps Andy