Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control - When Does It Kick In?

Damer

I leave traction on all the time. When the orange light with the skidding car comes on does that mean the traction is working or does it mean the traction control has lost it? :huh:

I leave traction on all the time. When the orange light with the skidding car comes on does that mean the traction is working or does it mean the traction control has lost it?  :huh:

means it is working , usually tell by lack off power :)

I leave traction on all the time. When the orange light with the skidding car comes on does that mean the traction is working or does it mean the traction control has lost it?  :huh:

when the orange light comes on yes its working but dont expect miracles mate,it wont help you much on ice or snow.

To be honest the only time the light has come on is when leaving the junction of my sister in laws. You some times have to mount a small kerb 'cos the road you are joining is narrow and their is traffic in the opposite lane, and to avoid hitting them you need to take the corner sharper than normal.

I would have thought traction control would show up on snow and ice as a cut in power.

More likely is ABS when braking. You should get a judder as the ABS comes on and off rapidly.

VCS was shown on "Tonight with Trevor McDoughnut".

The reporter drove at 50mph and had to do a quick left-right maneouvre. He then switched it off and tried again and he lost control with the back end swerving round.

abs .... t/c ..... ebd ........ vsc .......... all just toys .... and they are only actually "secondary" safety measures......

I always get the traction control light screaming at me .... in the police cars, when going round those bends a little to fast ! :whistling::whistling:

Great fun though .......... :driving:

Not all of us get that luxury scarface without worrying about many factors, me - the driver,

spectators - passengers, and its my car!!

Guess every job has its perks,. Sure you could name a few!! :D

Not all of us get that luxury scarface without worrying about many factors, me - the driver,

spectators - passengers, and its my car!!

Guess every job has its perks,. Sure you could name a few!! :D

Oh yes ... you said it your self - every job has it's perks B)

weve got a scoobie doo wrx as a our response traffic car at work,

when the poor thing was on trial last year it was badly abused by most of the team.

not by me you understand, im the only one that washes it :D

i had esp on my golf 4 motion and it was unbelievable, no matter what mistakes you made it just corrected them instantly everytime, very safe car to drive at speed ( when it wasnt in the dealers getting repaired that is)

VCS was shown on "Tonight with Trevor McDoughnut".

The reporter drove at 50mph and had to do a quick left-right maneouvre. He then switched it off and tried again and he lost control with the back end swerving round.

there is a video in gold of an aristo going through cones with and without VSC.

the difference is quite obvious.

link