Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiring Question

Hi,

OK, I have a 99 IS200 (obviously slot at the bottom type) and have taken that out, now, i'm planning to install a headunit but can anyone tell me what colours the stock wiring is for things like remote, ground, power and any others I might need? (I dont need any speaker wire colours)

I've spoken to Raz but I think he said he didnt get around to finding the ground wire and I think he's busy at the moment so I thought i'd make a post as i'm sure someone must know and i'm sure it will be useful for members. (maybe added to the knowledgebase?)

Thanks in advance,

Colin

oh ok i'll do that then, i'll report back with teh results for other people!

@IS200lexdreamer i'm taking everything out and installing new speakers, amps, sub etc

still need one more amo.

anyone seen the new diamond audio stuff? like the new D9 amp!

Soz Colin,

I was away the entire weekend and the weather has been rubbish lately... And on top of that I have managed to blow my amp up.. :( my own fault :lol: anyways this weekend i'll be stripping the dash and doors apart and wiring the comps up to the HU.. away at college from sunday so I NEED sounds :)

ok well I just took the stock amp out and have removed all covers, i'm looking at the labels and I see a couple of ACC and also GND (E) and GND (S) do you think it matters which of these I use? I think i'll just trace the pins from the smaller connector

The only other ones I can see are N.C, AMP+, T-MUTE, MUTE, BEEP, B1+, M-MU then all the +/- for the various speakers, so Raz, any help would be appreciated as i'd like to know which ones you used!

I'm off to get some more MDF and a soldering iron etc etc, so, any help by the time I get back would be greatly appreciated

Right Colin,

What are you doing with the stock amp? I've left it alone completely...

Here we are, this is how my head unit is connected up,

It is sliced into the original connector for the head unit.

Black with Silver - ACC

Red with Silver - 12+

For the ground, i have connect to bolt, where the Sat Nav ground is (about a 20cm long cable), I'm not getting any interference or anything, so its all good:)

Anyways, I dont think you need remote of anything else, illumation probably.

I've currenlty got my HU connect to kappas, makes £250 worth of speakers sound stock :duh: but at least I have sounds now. Once I get my genesis subs, I'll be amping the whole lot up again with a new more powerful amp.

cheers Lenny, when i get my hands on a multimeter i'll find out what illumination is and also confirm what infor you have said.

Hopefully all should be done by next weekend,

The stock amp is in bits in my bedroom, don't think i'll ever be needing it again!

Use GND (E) or put your own in. GND(S) is signal ground as stock is a balanced system.

ok well I just took the stock amp out and have removed all covers, i'm looking at the labels and I see a couple of ACC and also GND (E) and GND (S) do you think it matters which of these I use? I think i'll just trace the pins from the smaller connector

The only other ones I can see are N.C, AMP+, T-MUTE, MUTE, BEEP, B1+, M-MU then all the +/- for the various speakers, so Raz, any help would be appreciated as i'd like to know which ones you used!

I'm off to get some more MDF and a soldering iron etc etc, so, any help by the time I get back would be greatly appreciated

just a lil update, installed the headunit and soldered the wires, works perfectly, used the ground on the harness instead of making my own.

oh and I didn't realise you still had to have the stock amp plugged in for it all to work.

now, where's the **** sound damping stuff!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya mates if you have a stereo without amp go to Halfords and get a Toyota to ISO adapter and you wont have to cut any wires and plug a new stereo in straight away. if you have an amp the take live and ignition from the original plug and and earth to chassis immediatlty behind stereo using 10mm bolt already there and wires directly from amp from out put sides, oK

Hiya mates if you have a stereo without amp go to halfords and get a Toyota to ISO adapter and you wont have to cut any wires and plug a new  stereo in straight away. if you have an amp the take live and ignition from the original plug and and earth to chassis immediatlty behind stereo using 10mm bolt already there and wires directly from amp from out put sides,  oK

dude you need to take a breath! Had to read it twice to understand and still I don't get it?!? :duh:

please post back with results :) and explanantion :)

Hiya mates if you have a stereo without amp go to halfords and get a Toyota to ISO adapter and you wont have to cut any wires and plug a new  stereo in straight away. if you have an amp the take live and ignition from the original plug and and earth to chassis immediatlty behind stereo using 10mm bolt already there and wires directly from amp from out put sides,  oK

dont forget that if your using an aftermarket amp then you need a crossover to run the stock rear speakers, else you will have to get new ones..