Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to everyone.

Well, here I am at last. We've had our 2000 LS400 MkIV for over a year now and it is without doubt the best car we have ever owned (stupid comment, of course it is). This iincludes a couple of Mercs, 2 Toyotas and varoius other heaps.

My wife drives the LS and does about 18 - 20000 miles a year. I don't drive any more as my eyesight is a little dodgy now. I have to say, if you get driven about in anything then it has to be a LS. We considered a Merc S class but they are so damn expensive and it is realy hard to find one with all the kit that you get in every LS that the decision was easily made and certainly not regretted.

The Sat Nav is GREAT. It has only let us down twice. So far we have covered about 23000 and the tyres still have about 5mm of tread left. Incredible. The computer tells us we have averaged 28.6MPG overall since we bought it. Unbleviable.

As you may be able to tell, we are nuts about this car. Only one major problem though. What the hell do we replace it with. And when, it seems that it will go on forever. 'Spose it will have to be a LS430. :D

Welcome to the LOC. I shouldn't think you'll need too much help with a 2000 LS but it's nice to know it's available if you do.

What the hell do we replace it with

I think you answered that one already, why replace it if you're happy with it and it's not costing you loads to keep on the road. :yawn:

Thanks for the great welcome everyone

Forgot to mention, if you get a chance to go on a Lexus test day, just do it. We got to try every car in the range with no hard sell. It was great fun. Didn't like the RX much though. Sorry to all you 4x4 owners, its just not my thing. Now we are looking forward to giving the next GS a go. If it drives like it looks, it should be fantastic.

Anyone in the Colchester area want to meet sometime?

28 mpg!!!  I'm jealous  :P

Yeah, that's what it says on the computery thingy. Never bothered to work it out for myself though. I'm assuming that this is about right. I am amazed too although I must say that the car mostly does long runs all over the east of England. It's over nine miles to my wifes base office along dual carriageway which is the sort of stuff the car is best at.

What do you get from your 430?

• 2 weeks later...
28 mpg!!!  I'm jealous   :P

Yeah, that's what it says on the computery thingy. Never bothered to work it out for myself though. I'm assuming that this is about right. I am amazed too although I must say that the car mostly does long runs all over the east of England. It's over nine miles to my wifes base office along dual carriageway which is the sort of stuff the car is best at.

I get about 17 around town and 26-28 on a motorway run. I thought you were getting 28 mpg around town!! :D

28 mpg!!!  I'm jealous  :P

I get about 17 around town and 26-28 on a motorway run. I thought you were getting 28 mpg around town!! :D

I think 28 is pretty good all things considered. My friends BMW 530i geta about 22 on average. We have seen 32 on a run to Birmingham with four people on board.

My old Merc 280E NEVER got more than 25 even on a run and I wont mention the old 450SE. Oh all right then, 21 at its very best.

Anyway the consumption is a sort of secondary thing when you consider the way the car seems to just get you to your destination without trying,

Anyone want on old 280E?

Hello to everyone.

Well, here I am at last.  We've had our 2000 LS400 MkIV for over a year now and it is without doubt the best car we have ever owned (stupid comment, of course it is).  This iincludes a couple of Mercs, 2 Toyotas and varoius other heaps.

My wife drives the LS and does about 18 - 20000 miles a year.  I don't drive any more as my eyesight is a little dodgy now.  I have to say, if you get driven about in anything then it has to be a LS.  We considered a Merc S class but they are so damn expensive and it is realy hard to find one with all the kit that you get in every LS that the decision was easily made and certainly not regretted.

The Sat Nav is GREAT.  It has only let us down twice.  So far we have covered about 23000 and the tyres still have about 5mm of tread left.  Incredible.  The computer tells us we have averaged 28.6MPG overall since we bought it.  Unbleviable.

As you may be able to tell, we are nuts about this car.  Only one major problem though.  What the hell do we replace it with.  And when, it seems that it will go on forever.  'Spose it will have to be a LS430. :D

Hello and Welcome mate!

• 2 weeks later...
As you may be able to tell, we are nuts about this car.  Only one major problem though.  What the hell do we replace it with.  And when, it seems that it will go on forever.  'Spose it will have to be a LS430. :D

Yep, you've hit the nail on the head - the only way forward is the LS 430.

Same as you, my LS 400 was the best car I ever had... until I picked up a gorgeous new LS 430 a month ago. :D

If you're nuts about the LS 400 then you'll be a raving looney with a 430. The new DVD Sat Nav is miles better than the old CD version and as you say that was pretty good anyway.

While being chauffered around by your good lady you'll probably want to spend the journey in the back of the 430; loads of leg room, vibrating back massager, your own air conditioning controls, radio/CD controls, a fridge (!), heated seats, electric seats, privacy blinds.... need I go on. :winky:

We have tried a 430 and were amazed by the improvement. Its hard to see how they could have improved the 400 as much but they did!

We are now saving our pennies and hoping for the best. We are going to try the new GS in a couple of weeks too so that should be very interesting. I'll let you know what we think.