Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Makes Lexus Special?

Loue

• 1 year later...

we had a 5 year old merc, we thought its time to change it so we went to a merc dealer and wanted to have a look at a B class merc. sales rep seem to be to busy with some other things and he said there to busy and asked us to come next day. opposite the merc dealers there were lexus dealers so we thought we go and have a look at there cars. from the time we steped in to there show room we were treated like kings. and we liked the car as well so we have placed an order for one.

After two Toyota Corollas and two Toyota Carinas, Lexus was a natural progression for me. On my second GS300 now, will have to be an RX or LS next (but not for a while yet...)

Oh, and in a word... reliability. Toyota (and therefore Lexus) are renowned for it.

driving a nissan bluebird for many years, i never planned to buy a lexus until the day a friend of mine, who buys and sells old cars, introduced the 1990 LS400 to me, i had a week test drive and decided to buy it.

Why?

1- Affordable: bought it for US$ 18k

2- buy one get all: the car has almost all things i ever expect for a car: stylish appearance, quietest car, great stereos, tilt/ telescopic steering, leather seats... and many many more that others are only dreaming of

3- durability: first test dride was surprising for a 15 year old car. still as smooth as new, and there is still no signal of getting old

in my opinion, Lexus for suitable for people who drive and enjoy the car by themselves (dont have a driver)

I had a Calibra at the time which was nice and slick with leather but so unreliable, When I first noticed Lexus IS 200 i just thought WOW really sweet car nice shape and i loved the alloys. It was different to BMW and the colours along with rear lights made them stand out!

Now that I have bought one its the best car I have had its reliable, smooth, full of gadgets, not a BMW and when people ask what I drive and I say Lexus the say WOW like im driving a Bentley or something LOL

So the brand must have a lot of credit!

when I bought mine, you didnt see many on the road - add to that, the fact you get so many features, such as heated seats, sunroof etc, that would set you back 5-10 grand on any other marque, throw in the ledgendary Toyota reliability and you have a car thats hard to fault...

That isnt to say there arnt faults, but your mentioning of the 'history', while valid here in Europe, where car buyers seem to think if a car company was wonderful 50 years ago (eg maserati) then that makes their cars today so much better.

The Lexus brand was initially aimed at the US market, which doesnt have these similar views, and in fact, most major japanese (and US) car manufacturers have 'luxury' brands in the US, and these sell very well as most US buyers care more about reliability and value for money than how long a company has been running. (No surprise bearing in mind the US is only a couple of hundred years old itself).

I guess what i'm trying to say is, there are those that will buy a car based more on the badge than the car, such as Mercedes, BMW's or Jaguars.. whereas, Lexus buyers tend to buy the car more than the badge....

here here, I agree with all of that. I love my car and think it's great. I like the fact that there not common and that you have something special, like your own little secret that you just want to tell everyone about.

I think the Lexus lure is one of being valued. As a Customer you feel genuinely valued whenever you come into contact with 'Lexus' - BMW Audi (as example) are very arrogant in their approaches and therefore those brands have poor customer service in comparison with Lexus.

I don't find my recently purchased Lexus 'better' than my previous BMWs - but what is 'better' is Lexus Customer Service experience. They call you back when they promise, they show an interest when dealing with you and will go that little bit farther to please without being prompted - and thats does make a difference.

Enough of a difference for me personally? No not really. I would pick a BMW over a Lexus or Audi everytime. Why? A car is there to be driven and nothing drives better than a BMW IMHO.

(I know I'm going to get flamed for this!)

I've just ordered my 4th Lexus - an RX 350.

My wife and I looked at several other cars including an Audi A6 Avant. The Audi sales guy was nice enough but made no effort whatsoever to get even within a country mile of the deal my local Lexus outfit were offering. They took the ***** on the trade in offering a paltry amount of cash. Lexus offered £5k more than the Audi dealer on my trade in! They then did a storming deal on the list price and made me feel like a valued customer and valued my repeat business. There's no doubt that if the RX is as good as my 3 previous IS's I'll be going back in 3 or 4 years...

The Audi dealer didn't make me feel like a potenital customer. It was just 'take it or leave it' - so I left it!

• 3 weeks later...

The reliability and value for money are major parts as to why Lexus has been succesful in building the such high raport that it has today.

It is also nice when someone asks you what car you have and when you say Lexus there's not one person that isn't impressed.

They also are such nice looking cars and fit in anywhere you take them.

Everything has already been said that needs to be said, I suggest you buy one for your self! :D

I have got to say that reliability is top notch! 3rd service now, couple of MOT's and 120k miles and still not had an advisory, ok i have uprated breaks and susp... but compared to other cars i have had its just been great and I am confident it will be for many more years.

Also has exclusivity, atleast round where i live, everybody has a Renault, BMW, Vauxhall, its nice to be different :) I still love climbing into my car to drive to work.

The car in front, Is now a Lexus :D

• 2 weeks later...

no1 in various jd power surveys of customers for past six years.

ive had mine 2 years now & still get a smile on my face everytime i get in.

i had dreamed of getting one for two years then went out one day in a vectra & came home in a lex to my wifes surprise......now its lexus for life for me, just no comparrison to any other car ive owned and this is my ninth

• 1 month later...
:whistling: Wow! What's interesting is not just the facts about Lexus but how people feel about them (or how it makes them feel)...some of the comments does make me want to get one now (or at least ride in one) even though as I said earlier I know nothing about cars.

It's quite unsual -if I asked someone to sum up a Merc or BMW in 3 words or something you have a good idea what they'll say, but with a Lexus it seems like it's a luxury car which is good value for money, with better specs than other luxury cars and has qualities such as reliability strongly associated with other cars like VW or Toyota (although same maker) which are not at the luxury end. Maybe it's interesting because it's a lux car with advantages of non-lux cars. Or a lux car which is good value for money-not something people ususally associate. I wonder if this exclusiveness is deliberate on Lexus's behalf.

Personally, I like the name. Lexus. Sounds like a very smooth, luxurious car...

:winky: Nice wind-up.

• 1 month later...

I had a toyota for ten years and always loved my toyota so reliable and never failed, but for two or three years i wanted a lexus and now i have one i love this car even more just it is a bit more expensive on petrol, but i feel so proud when driving it and people do look at the car with a certain awe and friends say whose is the lexus and it's a great feeling when they have a ride in it there are so many nice features that they remark on bmw and mercs are a little common now a days!!

• 5 weeks later...

no matter how old you are a LEXUS is just something else all say a lexus and it just makes you feel great and you also know it is a great car and wont let you down all the refinements you could need its really superb from smudge

• 3 weeks later...

I bought mine purely for the snob value. I considered my options, BMW - driven by tossers (by no means a blanket statement but all the ones I seem to meet are), Audi - not quite there yet, Jag - an expensive Mondeo, Merc - Haha, you're joking right? Volvo - not time for my midlife crisis yet.

I will of course say it's a fabulous car to drive and I appreciate aesthetics and it's a beautiful shape - lovely lines.

The approving nod you get at the traffic lights makes it all worthwhile, oh and so does the 'excyawse me mate - I couldn't help noticing that I've got a better car that yaw. Oh yes, I am considerably richer than yaw'

I brought mine as my mum and brother had got 1 each and loved the shape of them, I originaly went out looking for a bmw which i drove 7 different models in the same day, but they just never felt as good to drive, the garage where i brought mine from delt more in Bmw's and i saw my lexus parked at the back of the lot so thought why not test drive it to compare against the bmw's i'd driven and as soon as i got in it i knew it was more comfortable stylish and reliable as i used to be a quality inspector for toyota and bmw i knew the build quality and standards of toyota were alot better than bmw plus it had the sat nav built in, i only went down the road a couple of hundred yards turned round and took it back and paid for it there and then :) Over the past couple of months i've been looking to upgrade to a newer model of car test drove quite a few from an mitsi evo 8 to a skyline and some not as exciting even found a 10year old lexus ls400 with 19,000 on the clock for £8450 and out of them all it would have to be the lexus again just for the quality and pleasure they are to own.. :D