Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Roof Rails For Mk1 Rx300

Don't Lexus do them?

I spoke with Lexus UK about OEM roof rails. Unfortunately Lexus have only roof bars. Formula 4x4 do roof rails, but these will not fit if you have a sun roof. I am looking for rails that would fit into the roof channels, even if I had to do some modification. Anybody got an idea?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't Lexus do them?

I spoke with Lexus UK about OEM roof rails. Unfortunately Lexus have only roof bars. Formula 4x4 do roof rails, but these will not fit if you have a sun roof. I am looking for rails that would fit into the roof channels, even if I had to do some modification. Anybody got an idea?

Last summer I have bought roof rails for my RX300 mk1, they slide into the roof channels and are sold by Lexus over here in Luxembourg. Although my car does not have a sun roof I don't think there would be a problem because these rails sit very high (probably for that reason, also thanks to their height they generate almost no noise). I cant't find the invoice with the reference but I can tell they are from Lexus (Lexus logo molded on the plastic caps hiding the bolts) although made in Sweden (probably bu Thule). They costed around 250 EURO and are superbly made out of high quality extruded Alu bars.

I will look for the reference by giving a call to the dealer if you want.

I also have a picture of the car with the rails fitted but could not figure out how to insert it here, anyone can help?

If you mean "Roof Rails" as in they run along the roof front to back. I have never seen these on the RX Mk1. The only ones I have seen are the two rails "Bars" that run across the roof side to side. Which do you mean?

I am looking for roof rails. Roof bars are available, but don't do much for the look of the car. Roof rails are also available, formula 4x4 has them in stock, but they won't fit a car with a sun roof. The bars mount onto the roof and not in the roof channels. I had considered trying to adapt them to fit the channels, but thought that I would check first to see if anyone knew of another option?

If they attatch to the roof then I suppose that would mean drilling the roof to get a fix. I wouldn't advise that. The new shape Mk2 has roof rails. Maybe those can be adapted. I know that the measurement from the fixing position in the channels(for the roof bars) is only a short distance. So maybe rails off something like a Fronters Sport may fit?

They do look better with the rails like the Mk2 I agree

many thanks for the post, I would like to see a picture so if anyone can help with getting this on-line, I would be grateful. If you can confirm the dealer details I hopefully will be able to order these direct.

Thanks AGAIN :)

Hi,

here is the part number of my roof rack: PZ403-K0610-GA

They costed 210 EURO.

After reading all the posting I am wondering if you are looking for rails or for bars?

Actually my roof rack is composed of 2 bars (one for front - one for rear) with legs that slide into the cars roof rails channels.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

P.S. still don't know how to attache a picture in this forum! Can anyone tell?