Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The RX400h will accelerate seamlessly from 0-100kph/62mph in just 7.6 seconds, yet boasts the fuel consumption figures of a 4-seater family sedan, returning 8.1L/100km in the combined cycle. The new Lexus produces CO2 emissions of just 192g/km.

As these figures were taken from the Lexus Europe Web Page, I guess they must be 'Official'. I really cannot believe the huge capital outlay in this car would have been made unless there were real benefits to be had in terms of fuel consumption and environmental issues, although the CO2 emissions stated baffle me as potentially the car emits none at all, so how is this figure arrived at?

The RX400h will accelerate seamlessly from 0-100kph/62mph in just 7.6 seconds, yet boasts the fuel consumption figures of a 4-seater family sedan, returning 8.1L/100km in the combined cycle. The new Lexus produces CO2 emissions of just 192g/km.

As these figures were taken from the Lexus Europe Web Page, I guess they must be 'Official'. I really cannot believe the huge capital outlay in this car would have been made unless there were real benefits to be had in terms of fuel consumption and environmental issues, although the CO2 emissions stated baffle me as potentially the car emits none at all, so how is this figure arrived at?

:blink: check the link and then post :excl:

Hi Sabastian,

As the primary source of power for the 400h is petrol every time the engine runs the car must produce CO2! The engine is the primary source of Battery charging etc. and on M/ways etc propulsion is (almost) exclusively via engine. That's why the quoted mpg is 32.9 not infinity. If the car was forced to run on batteries alone it would soon pack up as the batteries would quickly go flat.

It's interesting to note that under the new environmental colour coding scheme the 400h will be coded red (i.e. >185g CO2/Km) i.e. not eco friendly at all! :yack:

What the 400h offers is a good power hike :D without compromising fuel consumption (too much) unless you give it some wellie! :winky: . So you do actually get something for nothing (but you do have to pay for it when you purchase the car).

Cheers,

read this before you place your order IF economy is your main goal for purchase; http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/dr...h/rx400h-3.html

What do you say?? :crybaby:

I read the test, and took it for what it is... figures based on the trip computer..comments on how to drive, like if that wouldn't apply to any car... wait for some serious tests.

read this before you place your order IF economy is your main goal for purchase; http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/dr...h/rx400h-3.html

I read the test, and took it for what it is... figures based on the trip computer..comments on how to drive, like if that wouldn't apply to any car... wait for some serious tests.

My trip computer is dead accurate on it's read out.

I assume the new rx400h will be the same!!! :huh:

I drove the RX400h a month ago over here in Luxembourg. I did around 50 km total, where half was motorway and the other half was secondary roads. On motorway I pushed it up to 160 km/h, did some strong accel's and cruised around 70-90 km/h on secondary roads. Overall I used 9.6 l/100km which compares with a 2.0 L familly sedan. Doing the same driving with my RX300 gives around 13 l/100km. So yes the hybrid works even outside city traffic.

Lexus has done a great engineering job with this car, it accelerates like a X5 V8 and consumes as a X5 Diesel and you have the power anywhere at any speed. The sad thing is that it delivers it soo smoothly you don't feel it much, but that's Lexus.

For me there is no doubt, the 400h will be the next one, but I'll wait a bit, why? Never buy a car on his first year of production, even if it is a Lexus...

Regards.

I drove the RX400h a month ago over here in Luxembourg. I did around 50 km total, where half was motorway and the other half was secondary roads. On motorway I pushed it up to 160 km/h, did some strong accel's and cruised around 70-90 km/h on secondary roads. Overall I used 9.6 l/100km which compares with a 2.0 L familly sedan. Doing the same driving with my RX300 gives around 13 l/100km. So yes the hybrid works even outside city traffic.

Lexus has done a great engineering job with this car, it accelerates like a X5 V8 and consumes as a X5 Diesel and you have the power anywhere at any speed. The sad thing is that it delivers it soo smoothly you don't feel it much, but that's Lexus.

For me there is no doubt, the 400h will be the next one, but I'll wait a bit, why? Never buy a car on his first year of production, even if it is a Lexus...

Regards.

good to here we will have something to buy which does what it says on the label, great news. :shifty:

Regards.

How did you manage to drive this car before even lexus staff????

Regards.

How did you manage to drive this car before even lexus staff????

It was over here in Luxembourg when the new GS was prestended together with the RX400h on its side. The dealer told me I was very lucky because the press did not drive it yet or was just getting the first cars for short test drives. This car was apparently still a pre-prod version but already to production spec's.

Apparently the cars are not hitting the different countries at the same pace.

The first deliveries will not happen before september though.