Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it just me or does the rear of the RX attract more dirt, salt and spray (with the exeption of lorries etc.) than any other vehicle on the road. Mine started clean before this week of bad weather and now the back is absolutly filthy, it looks beige with all the muck and salt on it (it should be black), haven't seen any other cars on the road this bad. My mates got a RAV 4 and it's no where near as bad.

Just wondered anyway.

Roger.

Is it just me or does the rear of the RX attract more dirt, salt and spray (with the exeption of lorries etc.) than any other vehicle on the road. Mine started clean before this week of bad weather and now the back is absolutly filthy, it looks beige with all the muck and salt on it (it should be black), haven't seen any other cars on the road this bad. My mates got a RAV 4 and it's no where near as bad.

Just wondered anyway.

Roger.

Must be Lexus, mines a black IS200 and thats terrible!!! The minute I clean it a bird decides to ******* on it!! Thats without all the road slat on crap on the roads. Does p :tsktsk: ss you off though!!

Just wondered anyway.

Roger.

The shape of the vehicle can influence air turbulence at the rear. In some vehicles the flow of air helps to stream or effectively 'blow' the water away from the vehicle. In the case of the RX it may be that this turbulence created at the rear of the vehicle rather than channeling the dirty water away from the rear of the vehicle is just drying it and it then builds up causing it to look even dirtier. If you look at some parts of the vehicle, for example around the rear edge of the rear doors they almost end up black with dirt. Again this is a localised area of turbulence created when the car is moving which end up concentrating the collection of water and thetrefore dirt from the road in these areas.

br

D

The Rx is bad at the back in grotty weather granted.

But nothing gets dirtier as quick as a Mini. The no. plate often gets so bad you can't read it.

Check out the back of a few Minis next time you see them after bad weather, then you won't feel so bad about the Rx

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links