Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fao Is Owners With Styling Kit Or Spats

Im considering getting either the styling kit or the front corner spats for my IS. The only problem is, my drive is a bit steep and Im thinking it might possibly scrape either the front or the side skirts when driving into the garage, as its already very close without it!

I wondered if anyone knows exactly how much lower the kit is than the original bumpers and sills? I only have a very small amount of room to play with and I dont want to fit it, only to find out i'll have to leave the car outside.

Thanks in advance. :)

Im considering getting either the styling kit or the front corner spats for my IS. The only problem is, my drive is a bit steep and Im thinking it might possibly scrape either the front or the side skirts when driving into the garage, as its already very close without it!

I wondered if anyone knows exactly how much lower the kit is than the original bumpers and sills? I only have a very small amount of room to play with and I dont want to fit it, only to find out i'll have to leave the car outside.

Thanks in advance. :)

quite a significant lowering on the front, but the sides and back won't make too much diffeence. I'd say don't bother, if not much clearence to begin with, you will prob scrape your front bumper.

Incidently, don't know whether this is possible, but go onto your drive at an angle if it is steep, gives you a bit more chance of clearing it. Don't know if its possible in your case though. :)

Zee, playing it safe ive only got around an inch to play with! The front spats look like they stick 'out' and not down if you know what i mean, so i might be ok with these like you say.

Rob, its not actually getting on the drive thats the problem, its going into the garage where its close so cant get any angle on it.

Raz, is that 150mm clearance on standard 17's and suspension? Is it a sport so 15mm lower?

Like I say ive only got about an inch, maybe 1.5" at the very most!

Cheers guys.

Ah is that an offer mate? Much appreciated if it is but im gonna order the spats next week and just try them. I think I should be ok to be honest as they dont seem to be that much lower than the bumper anyway.

Cheers.

Oh by the way, is yours the black one ive seen about with the chrome mania's and kit?

Oh by the way, is yours the black one ive seen about with the chrome mania's and kit?

That sounds like maybe n30jjb but he doesn't have those alloys, but Pete Jenkin does but his car is Granite Sky so maybe it was Pete?

No not a offer from me as I dont have 18's or spats - but I do have a sports grill winging its way to me from the emerald isle. How much did they cost and take some Pics when you have fitted them!

aido, might have been granite sky as ive seen it a few times when dark.

Steve, Im in Sheffield mate.

d3fy, havnt ordered them yet. Still deciding on full kit or just spats to be honest. Got a good quote to fit and paint the full kit today so might end up going for the job lot! :D

Ah Sheffield :)

Was there Saturday night, have never seen so many fit women in one night in my life anywhere in the world!

You might have even seen me knocking about once or twice up that way!

Either the kit or the spats will look great, I did like the look of the spats a lot the first time I saw them as I'd never seen them before!

:lol:

I keep hearing the women from Barnsley are rude, is that true :P

We'll have to have a meet up there at some point, Derby and Notts have been done, we need to do Sheffield and Leicester!!

Barnsley women can be, if you get them at the right time...............friday i crashed and burned though, so they can also be quite temperamental

Saturday in York on the other hand is a different story altogether B)

If it's LOC on tour, you have to add Barnsley and York to that list

aido, might have been granite sky as ive seen it a few times when dark.

Steve, Im in Sheffield mate.

d3fy, havnt ordered them yet. Still deciding on full kit or just spats to be honest. Got a good quote to fit and paint the full kit today so might end up going for the job lot! :D

Hi m8 just wandering where you had your quote from for your full kit sprayed and fitted?

Just in the process of deciding myself whether to put the styling kit on and am looking around for places to fit etc

Thanks

@ Webby, I had Lexus Sheffield repaint the entire front and back bumpers, refit the rear TRD skirt, refit the front Blitz lip, and fit and paint the side skirts, cost around £500 altogether but was a superb job :)

@ Steve, sounds like you pulled Saturday, well done mate :P

@ Webby, I had Lexus Sheffield repaint the entire front and back bumpers, refit the rear TRD skirt, refit the front Blitz lip, and fit and paint the side skirts, cost around £500 altogether but was a superb job :)

@ Steve, sounds like you pulled Saturday, well done mate :P

That doesn't sound to bad for a lexus dealer.

Got to have a run out to a few places here for a few quotes so will see how they compare.

Thanks for that Aido

Yeah its not bad for women over here! Ive also heard a few stories about women from Barnsley! :shutit: Mansfields a good night too.

Webby, got a good deal on fitting and painting as a favour so cant be much help im afraid. Got a few quotes though for around £300-£500, so that seems to be the going rate for the job. Its all about who you trust with your car at the end of the day i suppose.

I didnt realise there were 2 options for the rear skirt. Any pics of the trd one to compare?

Here we go mate:

aab.sized.jpg

That's the TRD rear lip on the Monster before it became what it is today!

@ lex200sport, Mansfield is a great night out, whenever I've been there though they reckon Ripley is rougher, but when you're in Ripley, they reckon Mansfield is rougher :lol:

All a good laugh though :)