Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi people

got myself a lexus a few months back since i ve had it ive drove it 4 times. the problems started wen i checked the oil and found out the headgasket had gon and also that my radiator was blocked beyond unblocking. so got a new radiator and got the head gasket repaired now the problem is that the car is chucking out some silly smoke from the exhaust by reading some of the comments on different topics it looks as though its drinking oil. also had the thermostat replaced at the same time now i can hear water in my dashboard when i start the car. is the car gon or is there any other solution why its drinking the oil. please help.

Thanx

hi the cars done 91k the smoke whitish and greyish if that makes sense and it is coming from the exhaust i checked the oil earlier and it looked as tho it was mixing again i took it back to the garage 2day and they said it takes some time for the gunk to clear and the smoke to get rid off the water and oil in the exhaust. i ve left the car with them until they get it right. Mudzs can u tell me how to clear the airlock so that i could mention it to em. cos i think they know the problem just might be tryin to get some extra cash out of me

thanx for ur help lads i appericiate it

• 1 month later...

arite people.

bin away for a while finishing my studies off but my heads bin thinkin about my lexus.

hope everybodies lexus are running fine, cos mine is jinxed big time. the problem i am gettin nw is that the radiator doesnt get hot and the water jus boils in the water bottle and chucks out steam like its boiling a kettle. cars givin me major headaches. if anybody can help me get to the bottom of this i ll by a drink

cheers

Mo

if the header tank is boiling over the cap is more than likely faulty.........However i have a strong feeling that ....

1. the garage you have had the work done at, does not have a clue what there doing.

2. the garage does not have a clue what there doing

when you say you had head gasket repaied.. what do you mean? did they replace the head gasket totally?

Did they send the head off to see if it was warped?

How much did they charge for fixing the gasket?

I have to agree with Mat,

get em to do a sniff test on it u needs to know if the hg has blown again

if they didnt flush the oil after the first hg prob that crap will still be there, stick a new thermo and rad cap in, when they did the hg did they skim the head ?

the gurgling behind the dash ( is this on start up or sort of all the time?) start up is air lock ,

Im taking this problem to the supras owners club if its one thing supra drivers know about its BHG's beleive me we have fixed a few . mk3 (7mgte used to blow em regulary)

Steve

old supra driver :)

1. the garage you have had the work done at, does not have a clue what there doing.

2. the garage does not have a clue what there doing

Here here !

When they replaced the head gasket, if they indeed did, did they pressure test it afterwards?

If the head gasket has been replaced the symptoms could be a crack in the block between cylinder head and oil/water channels. This could pressurize the water system and introduce water into the oil.

I would also suspect there's an airlock in the cooling system as some of the guys have suggested. i would take it to another garage before these boys fleece you any more. This fault would have been diagnosed and fixed had the mechanics known what they were doing.

Good luck mate.

cheers for all ur help lads

were do i start

right the head gasket was fully replaced with new bolts afterwards to put it back togetha also the guys av bin my local garage for sumtime deyve dun a fair bit of work for me in the past, but not as big as this so i had my doubts but they reassured me BAD MISTAKE i guess.

The job cost me 325 dats with the parts i dont kno if dat is cheap or expensive. the head was sent for skiming and it was also pressure tested.

Can any1 giv me hints on how to get the airlock as it only happens wen the car starts the temp is perfect heat comes out and everything but i can only take it for a drive for about ten minutes before it starts bellowin steam out of the bottle.

also i think the radiator cap is n ot for a lexus as its got red writing on it like a hondas as i ve got an integra aswel and it looks the same as dat does any1 reckon dat could be causing sumthing

thanx boys once again i appericiate the help its a nice motor to look at hope its beta wen i drive it properly