Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some theifing little sods have only gone and had both the front and rear EL Badges off the car, and if this is not bad enough, they were so desperate to get these that they painted the both cameras lens outside the house and then dug into the bodywork to get the badges, so I now have holes, bent bodywork around the holes and scratched paintwork on the boot where they used a screwdriver. Never had any problems in the 4 years here, or any problems with the 3 years I've owned the car. They did this at 03.00 acording to the video timer, from the noise on the tape, it took them 10 minutes so looks like they were planned for this. There was 2 going from the voices on the tape

I'm going to check the rest of the car later to see if they have done anything else, but at the moment I'm at work so will need to wait until later before I can check her.

Don't think I'll be replacing these again, may just stick with the standard or may completely debadge the whole car. Also a bit worried about putting the new alloy's on now.

Make you wonder what the world is coming too. Spoilt what looks like a nice sunny day.

Feel for ya Paul.

Happened to mine last year so i left them off until a couple of months ago when i replaced them and fingers crossed they are still on,but the thiefs round here were very nice and spent a bit of time taking them off as they didn't leave a single scratch on the car.

At least they've moved up to higher class of motor from VW badges.

sorry to hear that paul...

Question mate.. have you had them lit up when driving around?? Peraps they spotted them lit up and they were attracted by them.

hope you get it sorted mate.. nothing but bad lkuck lately

That's just f :tsktsk: d up ............ might be an idea .... to plot up and watch the car tonight, in case they come back for something else ........ :blink::blink:

Just make sure you waiting with the baseball bat though :winky:

Had them part of the Under car Neons Steve, so they only lite up with the noens, it's just that they looked different, think it was that they noticed them. I've just been around the whole car, the passenger door was forced but did not get in. So now have to do some repairs later, think I'll put the car into storage for now just to be safe.

The trouble is that I'll got an earth fault showing on the dash, think this may be due to the power that has been shorting out on the bodywork due to the badges being ripped off. But the least of my problems, need to do temp repairs to stop water and rust from getting at the bare metal. think it's going to be a late night tonight me thinks.

Scareface - fancy a stakeout mate, I'll provide the beer, you bring the pepperspray etc......

They say thinks happen in 3's, so brother-in-law damaging both passenger side alloy's, now this, what's next I ask myself.

Sorry Paul, there are some right little ****ers out there, hopefully they'll get their come uppance.

Did your camera stand out? Like you say sounds like they've planned it.

Nothing is sacred anymore, it's a joke. These people don't respect what other people' property means.

Good luck getting everything sorted mate.

Yes Aido, 2 camera's on 24 Hr record. They high enough to stop them from being moved with your hands but looks like they throw the paint, would mind but they used white paint, but because it was cold last night, the paint never dried so a quick blast of water soon removed the paint

Steve, only 1 was caputured on camera, not a clear image at all, I've got the camera's set up, to see each other as well as the cars, it was the camera in the darker part of the drive that was covered first. The car is being blocked in tonight and immolised, I'll then look at possibly storing or adding a garage door or along those lines.

Know what you mean though Matt, still unsure what to think, you here about it, you think it could never happen to you though. Still a bit nervous about leaving the car even though. I'm going to have a look down our road to night and see if anyone else was hit possibly with paint, the paint they used was water based and not normal white paint so still could be kids playing. Will be able to see the paint if this was the case along the road. Same thing happened last year but with flour, nothing that would damage the car but still made a mess. So could still be an isloted incident - hope so.

Sorry to hear about this Norkep :angry:

Same thing happened to me Front Harrier logo stolen at MK Hospital :angry:

Rear L badge stolen at MKC Station have a scratch where they have used screwdriver to remove :P

Got the replacements but have not fitted yet :blush:

Whenever car needs to be parked at station, I take the Galant :shifty:

Let them touch and see if I care

So sorry to here that Paul. I don't know what the world is coming to, you work your guts out for the decent things in life and along come some stupid w :tsktsk: rs without a half'eth of intelligence amongst them, and spoil everything for you.

Bring back the stocks and lash.

when these little sh :tsktsk: ts are caught(which is very rare)they should have their ars :tskts: es sewn up and then made to eat a hot curry, left alone in an open space and let the laws of physics take it's course. :whistling:

Thanks for your reply's, I'll be leaving work in 1/2 Hr and will check our road for any other signs, hopefully there will be but in a kind way meaning this is not issolated just to me. Car will still imobilised just in case though. Will be going through the car with a fine tooth combe over the next couple of days and spent next Week/End getting her back to health again.

Oh well, out comes the spray can again, was getting with-drawal's anyway :lol: I'm going to completely debadge, as I need to fill and respray the boot, they need to come off. It least it will make polishing easier.

Matt - any ideas when the polishing kit will arrive mate, think I may need this after the spraying starts.

when these little sh :tsktsk: ts are caught(which is very rare)they should have their ars :tskts: es sewn up and then made to eat a hot curry, left alone in an open space and let the laws of physics take it's course. :whistling:

:lol: :lol:

Has brought a smile to a very pi**ed of person

Cheers Matt, Oh I also checked the rest off the road the best I could in the dark, nothing I could see :unsure:

Will soon know, the next couple of days may play a big part, will have to rig up something at nights unitl I get storage sorted out.