Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supagard

silverbullet

I think its worth it.  Ive never had a car that washes, cleans so easily, and constantly looks so new.  Don't see any effect in the masses of wheelguarg i go with it though

have you had the car longer than 6 months?

'cos thats about how long it realistically lasts.

its a good treatment while it lasts - car comes up sparkly clean really easy.

I think its worth it.  Ive never had a car that washes, cleans so easily, and constantly looks so new.  Don't see any effect in the masses of wheelguarg i go with it though

I had it when I bought my new IS300 in Dec '03. Like Matt says, it lasts about 6 months. Money better spent on a professional valet.

I had it when I bought my new IS300 in Dec '03. Like Matt says, it lasts about 6 months. Money better spent on a professional valet.

thanks

:tomato:

• 3 weeks later...
I was recommended to have supagard before my Lexus leaves the showroom, inside and out.

I am not shy of cleaning my cars - tell me is supagard worth it at £352?

:question:

I used to be a professional car valet and did the job for 7 years. I have used many waxes, polishes and also Supaguarded many motors, including my own.

Let me tell you that the stuff is a complete waste of money and under no circumstances does it work any better than a mediocre polish.

Best ones tend to be Autoglym Super Resin Polish because it can lift of much of the traffic film build up that you get, even after a few weeks, It is also very easy to remove even when left on for hours and it does leave the car looking great. If used with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (about £7) it will also give great protection for several months.

After that i would recommend turtle wax.

Dont ever waste money on the stuff that if you really wanted to could get for about £25 and put the stuff on yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Bought a RX450H, 8 months old, 7800 miles, 2 weeks ago. Paid to have it Supagard treated. Spoke to Supagard and their manager said they had a no quibble guarantee. The job was useless. Bonnet and lower half should have been clayed but was not. Supagard put on over nibs and pollute. Supagard sprayed over dirty carpets. I complained. No answer from Supagard and Lexus not interested. A fine start to my Lexus ownership. So far, Lexus have misled me, and in several ways have not done what they agreed to do.

If it's a "No quibble guarantee" and your not happy with the result push for a full refund, complain in writing,if they didn't do the job right the first time they probably won't given another chance.

If you have a problem with the supplying dealer take the issues up with the dealer directly then escalate to Lexus GB if you are not satisfied.

Finally welcome to the LOC.

As part of my deal, the Lexus Dealer offered to throw Supagard in FOC. I have had several new Lexus in the past and never opted for this treatment.

My question is, how can you actually tell or prove your car has been treated? The dealership didn't give me any paperwork, or any kits with touch-up stuff. What do you normally get when you fork out £300+ dabs at a main Lexus dealer? beyond ripped off? Surely if there is a guarantee there's some paperwork?

I ask because my car is less than a week old now and already looks like every other filthy care on the road. It needs a good shampoo and polish.

Cheers.