Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standart Audio System & Mp3

Hi everybody, the question ahs been certainly asked 1,000,000 times but I can't find nothing with the "search".

I have a simple IS with its basic audio system (no GPS) model 2002.

dsc02909wince0eb.jpg

I own a MP3 jukebox like this one :

4531wince1zu.jpg

I saw the tuner wire on a pic :

copiede26989fy.jpg

Is it possible to use a wire which come from my jukebox and to put it in the whole for the tuner ? (I never listen to the radio)

BEST ! Does it exist ready-to-use kit ?

BUT I don't want this sort of things :

4529wince1ln.jpg

Can you please use basic english and for the very complicated things, post pictures. Thank you.

Prolex will shortly be releasing an AUX audio input. This will be a straight plug in unit which you can then plug into the earphone socket on your mp3 player.

It will connect directly onto the audio input lines so you won't loose anything in the conversion through the radio or casstte adapters.

Prolex will shortly be releasing an AUX audio input. This will be a straight plug in unit which you can then plug into the earphone socket on your mp3 player.

It will connect directly onto the audio input lines so you won't loose anything in the conversion through the radio or casstte adapters.

Thank you !!!!

Geoff, I take it this also means you can plug in an ipod with no loss of sound quality? Where would the plug come from to connect to the earphone socket?

Cheers, Adie

You can use any audio source - either ipod, mp3 player, Mobile phone (for car kit - just connect speaker output to the input)

Standard Volume control on headunit works fine with the input.

There is a small control box with the connections to the stereo coming off it. Unplug the cable from the heaunit into one side, then the other side goes back into the stereo.

It is compatible with unbalanced or balanced systems. (Switcheable)

The unit has phono inputs for your equipment. Using standard phono-jack leads and converters will allow for anything. If there's enough call for it I'd put a stereo jack on to plug straight into any equipment.

Obviously there will be a seperate switch that you would need to mount somewhere to switch aux input in.

When will this be available, as I'm very interested in get one to plug the iPod in.

You can use any audio source - either ipod, mp3 player, Mobile phone (for car kit - just connect speaker output to the input)

Standard Volume control on headunit works fine with the input.

There is a small control box with the connections to the stereo coming off it. Unplug the cable from the heaunit into one side, then the other side goes back into the stereo.

It is compatible with unbalanced or balanced systems. (Switcheable)

The unit has phono inputs for your equipment. Using standard phono-jack leads and converters will allow for anything.  If there's enough call for it I'd put a stereo jack on to plug straight into any equipment.

Obviously there will be a seperate switch that you would need to mount somewhere to switch aux input in.

Wow Geoffers.... I think you've started something here :)

Put my name down as well .... SteveAudioX was looking into something a while back but that seems to have dissapeared (I think he got bogged down with something else.... iirc (kids?) )

Roll on an aux in I say! :)

for all u guys with ipods (or even better ipod mini), why dont u just use the FM transmitter? (no mods, no screws, no nothing)

I have one for my mini ipod, it plugs into the cig lighter to charge it up, and it has 3 preset FMs to select. its cheap too ... comes out to around 20GBP.

The radio FM reception for the IS is actually very good ... so my sound quality is actually digitally respectable even at high volumes.

If it was me, id go for one of them FM transmitter gizmos. Simply plug into the stereo jack on you're md/mp3 etc and tune you're radio into it. Works a treat from what ive heard.

Just a thought

A couple of days ago I emailed Dension about using their Icelink with a Lexus IS200 audio system as it is not listed on their website, still waiting on a reply.

heres a couple of things to have a look at, don't know if they are availible over here though.  (Sorry for the BMW link)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=ipod

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.ph...&highlight=ipod

• 1 month later...