Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs 300 Steering Wobble

legendswraith

seeing as this is proving to be a mine of information and before i drive everyone nuts with incessant questions i was wondering if anyone can confirm or give me any ideas as to why i get steering wobble when i go thru about 90mph i have discounted brakes and bearings so at the minute i am wondering if i have a buckled wheel or a lost balance weight, i guess a trip to the tire fitters to get the balancing checked would confirm it but if anyone has any ideas i am open to suggestions

cheers

leg

Have you hit a pot hole lately or a speed bump too fast?

I knocked mine out the last time when they were resurfacing the road - there were no signs to indicate where the ramp (except there was no gradient it just suddenly rose) so I hit it at about 20mph....

definately sounds like a possibility from what you are saying we have those speed bumps if you hit them right in the centre you miss them and i have clipped them once or twice looks like a geometry check then thanks for the input but i still need an excuse to buy some new alloys :D

cheers

leg

well if its the balancing obviously i need new alloys to put the balance weights on :D i think best bet is to get it all checked i have changed pads and serviced the calipers over this as i thought it might have been binding at one point and i got charged 80 quid for the priveledge of getting it done at a garage the first time

cheers

leg

well if its the balancing obviously i need new alloys to put the balance weights on :D i think best bet is to get it all checked  i have changed pads and serviced the calipers over this as i thought it might have been binding at one point and i got charged 80 quid for the priveledge of getting it done at a garage the first time

cheers

leg

Now thats what i call agood excuse for new alloys :D :D

• 2 years later...