Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right, the deed is done........have been mulling over the new IS for the last couple of days and was sorely tempted to go for a very nice 54 plated astral black IS300 !!...but today common sense prevailed and I have placed an order for the new IS250, sounds by all accounts November delivery time...waiting for colours / options. :driving:

:yahoo::yahoo: wow! very impressive!! are you the 1st order on yours dealers books? keep us posted when you get to know more...

:shifty: is it just me, or is there a common theme developing here??? the more we look at the new IS, the more we like?? :winky: i sure do! me WANT one NOW!! :hehe:

never thought i'd be considering saying goodbye to my fab IS300 - i'll have to keep practising tho, still bit painful to think about it just yet :crybaby: - i might just be ready to wave her off come mid 2006 when she's 3 years old... :whistling:

Should have more info today from the local Lexus Sales manager as he returned from Geneva last night...it is also muted that there are to be some rather nice colours added to the list (metallicy black, and a luscious snad colour too) I will update once I have more info.....and the standard 12 speaker audio WILL be compatible for CD/WMA/MP3's.........Mark Levinson system will have atleast 13 speakers!!!!!!

:D If I was any happier I would be twins!!!!!!

Lexus UK website now says IS250 will get Europe release late 2005, earlier than I thought, diesel 2006.

Any idea how much this will hit residuals on current IS's? Mine is only 18 months old. :crying:

Lexus UK website now says IS250 will get Europe release late 2005, earlier than I thought, diesel 2006.

Any idea how much this will hit residuals on current IS's? Mine is only 18 months old. :crying:

Hi, IMHO residuals will be affected but it is too soon predict and also the motor traders will be reluctant to hazard guesses....the original IS200/300 series commanded and still commands one of the best returns for your money in compapison to other vehicle manufacturers so don't get too dispondant, just chop your IS200 in for a new IS250 when the time comes....you will get a very good P/X I wager.... :mat:

^^

Mirrors were chopped out, when windows were whitened, and yes i can see the pedals, they are BLACK!!

http://www.exoticcarsite.com/image.php?ima...us_is250-13.jpg

There's no pedals in the pic only the foot rest on left, the reason why the window are white is because it's model and all the other pics are a scale 'CLAY' which is why windows are 'BLACK' because there is no interior.

I just hope they get the bonnet body lines right on the production version

^^

Look closer, u can see the shadow of the acc pedal and then pedal above it, and if u focus harder u can make out the auto brake pedal (huge)

Yes there is a shadow, but it not of pedals, take a really close look at all the pics

The tyres are not made of rubber, no wiper arm or blades

Nearly forgot how you gonna get into car where doors don't open, LEXUS must use the tightest torrances on there 'shut' lines because it doesn't have any.

Dunno why you're worrying about pedals when you don't know if the geneva car represents a specific trim level. I think it's still only the 'Sport' model that has the fancy pedals in the current IS (the '54 reg SE I borrowed the other day had basic rubber pedals)...

Anyway, you can vote for which car looks best, new IS or new 3 series here:

http://www.caranddriver.com/

IS 250: 240 hp / 6400;  torque 250/3800

IS 220d: 177 hp / 3600; torque 400 / 2000-2400

IS 250: 204 hp / 6400; torque 250/3800

IS 220d: 177 hp / 3600; torque 400 / 2000-2400

I only hope that the new IS has some decent performance unlike my current IS200 which I find is gutless below 4,000 revs. I have become sick of constantly having to shift gears to get some decent power and if the new IS has the same problem I will keep well away.

I drove the new BMW 330 (petrol) and 320d at a BMW track day last weekend and the 320d is a cracking engine - very smooth and happy to rev like a petrol. It will be interesting to see how Lexus can compare with this.

I also reckon the IS250 will be v thirsty given that the car is heavily targeted to US market where petrol is so cheap. Hopefully I will be wrong but my current IS I find is harsh on MPG especially if you explore the +4,000 rev power band. I also think the mpg dial is rubbish as it swings all over the place and you can not get an average for your trip.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links