Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

What are Lexus up to? I thought that the IS Sport versions would be available Jan 2006. Now the UK Lexus site is showing Sport version in April (again) - this is really peeing me off.

All publicity shots in UK are of the Sport version (with the Jan 2006 comment), I need to test drive one to find out how the ride will fare with 18" wheels, lowered + stiffened suspension. If the damn thing isn't available and has a leadtime then it's pushing into May/ June - not exactly as per my plan ; test drive Jan, if I like purchase in March for the new plate.

It might be good planning by Lexus - trying to create 4 or 5 high activity months (launch Nov, diesel Jan, new plate March, Sport April, new plate Sept, etc) but I'm afraid it's going to make me look elsewhere.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 18" wheels + suspension combo rides fairly well considering the profile of the tyres they're running on. It is a little more choppy than the 16" and 17" tyres, but compared to some other cars with similar sort of setups, it rides very well (subjectively rode a lot better than a BMW 330i on 18" wheels and sports suspension). The only time it can get a little rough is in very broken bitumen.

Not to mention, it looks sexy as all hell with 18"s :)

*hugs his IS250 Sports*

Hi all,

New member here, been reading lots, i just ordered my IS250 SE yesterday, great test drive, very relaxing after my current car (Impreza WRX) I've hit 30 now and had enough of my boy's toys, looking forward to March when i can start to relax in my new lexus

Nic

What are Lexus up to? I thought that the IS Sport versions would be available Jan 2006. Now the UK Lexus site is showing Sport version in April (again) - this is really peeing me off.

All publicity shots in UK are of the Sport version (with the Jan 2006 comment), I need to test drive one to find out how the ride will fare with 18" wheels, lowered + stiffened suspension. If the damn thing isn't available and has a leadtime then it's pushing into May/ June - not exactly as per my plan ; test drive Jan, if I like purchase in March for the new plate.

It might be good planning by Lexus - trying to create 4 or 5 high activity months (launch Nov, diesel Jan, new plate March, Sport April, new plate Sept, etc) but I'm afraid it's going to make me look elsewhere.

I have a Sport in my showroom, and a demonstrator. I've also delivered 2 Sports already this month and availability is ok as far as I am aware. April is when the diesel sport is being released. The petrol is here, and it looks awesome.

Need to change dealer!!

I'll do you a better deal anyway.

That's great news MCUK23, perhaps you could let the good folks at lexus.co.uk know as well since I got the following reply today! Anyway, I'll be contacting my local dealer asap.

Thank you for your email to Lexus GB.

I can confirm that the release of the NG IS250 was on November 19th, the NG

IS220d was in January and the Sports variant of the NG IS250/IS220d will be

in April.

I have included the website links for your reference:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/is250/index.asp

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/is220d/index.asp

If I can be of any further assistance, then please do not hesitate to

contact me.

Kind Regards,

Gerry P

Lexus Customer Account Manager

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Sorry if this has been posted already but........

Went to Lexus Cardiff today, to one of their 'Drive and Ride' events, and had a go in an SC430 :D :D :D . Anyway, the salesman said they are expecting an IS coupe and hard-top convertible in the showrooms in 2007 and possibly the IS350 as well. They are also taking orders for the 200mph LF-A (two ordered so far, apparently, estimated cost £75000). Can't wait to see that!!!

Amanda

Hi there

Sorry if this has been posted already but........

Went to Lexus Cardiff today, to one of their 'Drive and Ride' events, and had a go in an SC430 :D :D :D . Anyway, the salesman said they are expecting an IS coupe and hard-top convertible in the showrooms in 2007 and possibly the IS350 as well. They are also taking orders for the 200mph LF-A (two ordered so far, apparently, estimated cost £75000). Can't wait to see that!!!

Amanda

I would like to know where they got the information on the intent to launch the IS350 in the UK :whistling:

The coupe and convertible is a known, but there's gonna be a lot of upset IS250 owners if the 350 comes in, or perhaps a sudden rush of trade-ins :D

I think (or maybe hope) that a bigger engine in the UK IS is inevitable - the other models seem to be getting significant power upgrades +/- hybrid engines, so it would seem a bit strange not to introduce that option in the IS. The dealer suggested a similar gap as happened with the IS200 to 300, although this is not official.

We can only hope.........

Amanda

• 2 months later...

I've just joined this forum after test driving an IS250SE last week. I've never bought a new car with my own money before but this car is so good I just couldn't resist :hehe:

Lexus have hit the optimum balance of what a luxury sports saloon should be for someone like myself who is just over 40, doesn't want their remaining teeth knocked out over potholes, their organs rearranged when they accelerate or their already abused hearing suffering further attenuation through engine, wind and trye roar! :crybaby: Fortunately I've a little Lotus in the garage I can do that in on a Sunday afternoon :winky:

It's a great car and I think Lexus should be congratulated on doing their own thing and not following the crowd - not everyone wants to drive a Bavarian Cortina :D It's also obvious after driving the Lexus that the penny hasn't quite dropped with the motoring press on what the IS 250 is all about. No doubt Lexus will have absolutely no trouble finding buyers for them....

Thanks for this Forum, it's both entertaining and very informative - Cheers :)

• 2 months later...

Hi there.

I would like to ask u if u test drove even luxury and sport version, because I test drove just sport version and I found it too stiff for me and I could feel every hole on the road so I decided to order luxury version, but they don't have it for test drive right now.

Can u tell me if there is a difference at all? I mean if it is more quiet and comfy, cuz thats what I am looking for :) .

Thank you in advance.

Kate