Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

In the close-up of the steering wheel can anyone tell me what that display is in between the speed dial and rev. counter? The "3rd" gear selected, and it is in blue, with the words "ACC". It looks like it reads "80km/h" but if you look at the speed dial it shows zero.

AM I READING THIS CORRECTLY??

I think that is what the speed is set to for the adaptive cruise control mate.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the close-up of the steering wheel can anyone tell me what that display is in between the speed dial and rev. counter? The "3rd" gear selected, and it is in blue, with the words "ACC". It looks like it reads "80km/h" but if you look at the speed dial it shows zero.

that's the cruise control.

The car looks very conservative compared to the old one, it looks good though, but its not a WOW!. The interior however looks great. I believe choice of colours, wheel size (18" or 19" inchers), lower ride height will do alot for this car. Still is my Lexus of choice

Looks good :D

But what about the marketing? :angry:

Why replace a best selling 2 litre 6 cyl model with a 2.5 V6 which will be more expensive?

Where is the IS 200?

And where is the diesel auto option - I hear that just like Jag and Honda the diesel engine will be manual only.

PS the pictures of the new IS were in Car magazine delivered to subs holders over the weekend so I have had an extra 3 days to look!

OH YOU ARE A FICKLE LOT! :shutit: I THINK IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, AS DOES MY PRESENT IS. NOBODY CAN FAULT THE CURRENT INTERIOR SURELY.... oooh IT IS SO EASY TO CRITICISE. :yawn:

ANYWAY HOW MUCH IS IT???? CANT SEARCH ALL THROUGH NOW TO FIND OUT.

Have to say I don't like it.

Looks boring (and wood . . OMG).

I like the current 'tacho' dials and the bonnet power bulge, both lost on the new 'un.

If I was a senior sales rep looking for my next fleet car I might look at it more seriously . . . but when it's your own hard earnt I think it will be heavily passed by.

I stand to be knocked down on this but I think it's a mistake. They have mis read the IS driver - IMO they are not after a luxury car they want a practical saloon with an agressive and sporty look and a little something which makes it unusual and stand out a bit.

Oh well if there isn't a mass exodus to the new model at least used prices for the Mk1 will not drop as much as we first thought !

yeah how much ???

not too sure about it yet,have to see it up close

interior looks good and hopefully it will be white/blue dash/instrument lights not orange

wanna know the bhp/torque performance figures for IS250 and IS350

I think that is what the speed is set to for the adaptive cruise control mate.

Aaah, OK got it thanks.

OH YOU ARE A FICKLE LOT!  I THINK IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC, AS DOES MY PRESENT IS. NOBODY CAN FAULT THE CURRENT INTERIOR SURELY.... oooh IT IS SO EASY TO CRITICISE.

Your right it is easy to criticise....but as a lot of people have pointed out (and i think this is the key here) we were taken right away with the looks of the current model, like love at first site!! Sure some people here are liking the new style, but the majority are not thinking WOW and the WOW reaction is what we were all hoping for!!!

i think because unlike other cars from rival companies that get spied and pictures are shown slowly slowly sometimes before the company wants to show the model. lexus though only released pics today so all the hype of wot will it look like etc build up into thinking it will be amazing (not sayin it is or isnt) but ppl jus think it looks "bland" etc

also also seeing pics of the concepts that looked totally amazing didnt help, also the new GS looks amazing and think definate improvement over current model

think maybe if the new IS wasnt hyped up so much from photshop models, rumours etc then maybe some ppl would give it a better first reaction

then again could be wrong

i think because unlike other cars from rival companies that get spied and pictures are shown slowly slowly sometimes before the company wants to show the model. lexus though only released pics today so all the hype of wot will it look like etc build up into thinking it will be amazing (not sayin it is or isnt) but ppl jus think it looks "bland" etc

also also seeing pics of the concepts that looked totally amazing didnt help, also the new GS looks amazing and think definate improvement over current model

think maybe if the new IS wasnt hyped up so much from photshop models, rumours etc then maybe some ppl would give it a better first reaction

then again could be wrong

See below for some interesting info on the spec from MSN cars:

'The all-new IS has adopted the GS 300 and GS 430 styling by featuring their grille, flared wheel arches and a sculpted bonnet. Wider and longer than its predecessor, the new IS has short front and rear overhangs providing a low center of gravity. Rear tail lights use LED lamp clusters and wrap round the rear corners.

Inside, the door panels flow into the dashboard, and gear-shift paddles are integrated into a new steering wheel, allowing drivers to shift without changing grip on the wheel. With the increased length of the car, the rear legroom is increased significantly.

The IS will get the most advanced navigation system available from Lexus, along with the Lexus Smart Keyless Entry, which allows entry and starting via a start button without needing to remove the key from your pocket or purse.

Lexus will also launch its first diesel powertrain in the new IS. The 2.2-litre common-rail diesel will produce an impressive 295lb ft of torque (400Nm) at a low 2000rpm. Also available on the new IS will be a 2.5-litre V6 with Dual VVT-I which controls both intake and exhaust valves. Developing 204bhp, the V6 will be available with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a new 6-speed automatic transmission.

There are plenty of new safety features in the new IS as well. Among the many acronyms are Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system, Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Pre-Crash Safety (PCS) system, Traction Control (TRC) and Electric Power Steering (EPS). There are ten airbags standard on the new IS.'

PS- I'm putting my name down for the LF-A concept as soon as they decide to make it. I am hoping by then I will have a job and enough money to afford one :whistling:

The car looks nice. No problem for no manual option if the auto allows you to use it as manual as the Toyota M-MT.

I hope that does not loose the sport feeling of my actual IS200 six speed with limited skip dif.

If so, the first one arriving to CI will be mine.

Any news about HP of gasoline version? Diesel are for farmers.

Mmmmmm.....looking at the photo's and reading the description.....sure looks a cut above the rest and sounds as if its got some power under the bonet. Not sure about the diesel engine. Im more a petrol head myself.

Looks like across between the new Renualt Lagune and Volov's S40......don't you think?

It shall be interesting to see what, Top Gear or Fifth Gear has to say about IS250.

i thought when i first saw this and still think the car is stunnin, i think it has grasped the tail on some of the finer details of the previous car.

of course any modern car will "look" like others, but i truely think this car does do what the original IS did, and thats stand out, i love the back lights, look closely........they have a sexy interior, that will be hard to copy unlike the original lights.

the interior carrys over design que,s from the original dash, look at the airvents, even the door panels are similer in designe, look at the switch gear.

i think this car will be just as popular, if not more, i love it, and when i get to have my pre production drive, i will love it more.

i think people should look beyond there current is200

AND LOOK FOR THE GOOD THINGS THAT THIS CAR NOW OFFERS.

would i buy one.............YEP

will i buy one..................More than likely in a year of 2, even though i had originally penciled in the new GS

i'll have to say "i dunno". The dash cluster is like most dash clusters now, that was one of the reasons i like the original is200. Also it doesn't look as "sporty" to me, it just looks like another saloon with a large engine(nothing really to complain about there). Nice inside though, the wood reminds me of my old rover 418 turbo diesel :P . I wonder what the new altezza will look like, that maybe the path for me ?