Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a great looking car and having seen the photos it looks good from any angle.

As a senior citizen I have no objections to you youngsters driving a mature man's car! We don't all go up the motorway at 40mph. I will give you Lexus owners a wave as I pass.

After seeing a few more shots of the car from different angles from other websites it is starting to grow on me abit. I still don't like the wing mirrors and the rear lights - but I'm sure these could be changed with after market mods! :whistling: Mr Pro-Lex!

Just hope the motoring press like it and it drives better then the new BMW 3 series!

I appreciate everyone's entitled to their opinion, but must say I'm amazed at the general level of negativity towards the new design.  I know there's a lot of love for the existing design, but come on guys it is looking really dated now. Try putting some shots of the existing IS next to the new one (exterior or interior) and surely you can see how dated the old one now looks. This new one is WAY better.

And for those who are unsure if it stacks up well next to the new BMW 3 or Audi, here's

another interesting exercise you might care to try.....

Go to the Autoweek Geneva page and then click through the whole series of photos for the new IS. Then do do the same for the 2006 BMW 3 Series,  and then for the Audi RS4.

Do it in whichever order you like, but  surely you have to admit it....  Which of these cars looks more classy, looks more expensive....... both outside and inside?? Sorry, but I reckon the new IS is head and shoulders above the competition!

I love it, but am just worried I won't be able to afford the new IS! Looking forward to confirmation of model variations and UK pricing.

Gareth

Thats a brilliant idea, after comparing all those cars, the IS looks even better than it did to start with! The 3 series really looks quite awful, I'd really like to hear reasons behind someone making that choice :blink:

I'm also totally amazed by the spec, with things like smart entry being standard (does any other car of this size have this even as an option?). And then there's the options list, ventilated seats, dvd changer, pre crash system, adaptive cruise and I'm sure there's way more - all things you normally see as 'options' on bigger cars!

Have any of the people in the know had a drive in one yet? Lets hope it wipes the floor with the 3 series cos so far its already done so in every other way :D

Nissan Micra has keyless entry, standard fit

Ford Mondeo has Ventilated front seats, pre-crash protective system, adaptive cruise, the options listed by Lexus have been around for long time on much cheaper cars. Nothing new. All they are doing is bring the car upto date (spec wise)

I appreciate everyone's entitled to their opinion, but must say I'm amazed at the general level of negativity towards the new design.  I know there's a lot of love for the existing design, but come on guys it is looking really dated now. Try putting some shots of the existing IS next to the new one (exterior or interior) and surely you can see how dated the old one now looks. This new one is WAY better.

And for those who are unsure if it stacks up well next to the new BMW 3 or Audi, here's

another interesting exercise you might care to try.....

Go to the Autoweek Geneva page and then click through the whole series of photos for the new IS. Then do do the same for the 2006 BMW 3 Series,  and then for the Audi RS4.

Do it in whichever order you like, but  surely you have to admit it....  Which of these cars looks more classy, looks more expensive....... both outside and inside?? Sorry, but I reckon the new IS is head and shoulders above the competition!

I love it, but am just worried I won't be able to afford the new IS! Looking forward to confirmation of model variations and UK pricing.

Gareth

Thats a brilliant idea, after comparing all those cars, the IS looks even better than it did to start with! The 3 series really looks quite awful, I'd really like to hear reasons behind someone making that choice :blink:

I'm also totally amazed by the spec, with things like smart entry being standard (does any other car of this size have this even as an option?). And then there's the options list, ventilated seats, dvd changer, pre crash system, adaptive cruise and I'm sure there's way more - all things you normally see as 'options' on bigger cars!

Have any of the people in the know had a drive in one yet? Lets hope it wipes the floor with the 3 series cos so far its already done so in every other way :D

Nissan Micra has keyless entry, standard fit

Ford Mondeo has Ventilated front seats, pre-crash protective system, adaptive cruise, the options listed by Lexus have been around for long time on much cheaper cars. Nothing new. All they are doing is bring the car upto date (spec wise)

Hmmm, you're right, as soon as I posted it I remembered that most renaults have keyless entry too, so maybe I should've said 'no decent cars have this stuff' :winky:

Ford Mondeo has Ventilated front seats, pre-crash protective system, adaptive cruise, the options listed by Lexus have been around for long time on much cheaper cars.

Hope you are not comparing Ford's IPS with the Lexus pre crash system? Ford's IPS is not pre-crash.

The pre-crash system will be probably be an option combined with the cruise control and will cost about £2200 extra as it does on the latest LS and new GS.

well, now I have had the chance to look at the pictures fully (no longer dial-up) and read the upcoming specs, well, I'm impressed with what it has..

As for the looks, i like it more than i did yesterday, so its probably a grower...

But, ill wait to see it in the flesh (and blue) before passing judgement...

well, now I have had the chance to look at the pictures fully (no longer dial-up) and read the upcoming specs, well, I'm impressed with what it has..

As for the looks, i like it more than i did yesterday, so its probably a grower...

But, ill wait to see it in the flesh (and blue) before passing judgement...

Right, the deed is done........have been mulling over the new IS for the last couple of days and was sorely tempted to go for a very nice 54 plated astral black IS300 !!...but today common sense prevailed and I have placed an order for the new IS250, sounds by all accounts November delivery time...waiting for colours / options. :driving:

Looking at this shot, a short driver may no see further than the raised bonnet section, could see a few scrapped bumpers and arches ;)

j_Z8L6908.jpg

Raise the seat :D :hehe::whistling:

Nice shoot of it, could this car be growing on me???? Still don't like the grill mind.

Right, the deed is done........have been mulling over the new IS for the last couple of days and was sorely tempted to go for a very nice 54 plated astral black IS300 !!...but today common sense prevailed and I have placed an order for the new IS250, sounds by all accounts November delivery time...waiting for colours / options. :driving:

:yahoo::yahoo: wow! very impressive!! are you the 1st order on yours dealers books? keep us posted when you get to know more...

:shifty: is it just me, or is there a common theme developing here??? the more we look at the new IS, the more we like?? :winky: i sure do! me WANT one NOW!! :hehe:

never thought i'd be considering saying goodbye to my fab IS300 - i'll have to keep practising tho, still bit painful to think about it just yet :crybaby: - i might just be ready to wave her off come mid 2006 when she's 3 years old... :whistling:

Im disappointed :crybaby::crybaby:

The moment I saw my first IS200 (current shape) I knew I had to have one :) :) :) .......it was unique............. I don't think there was any way you could compare it to other cars on the road and say "That looks like a XXXX"

You can with the NEW IS in my mind........... lot of Mazda 6 at the front........... BMW 5 series on side view and Honda on rear end :duh: :duh:

It might grow on me but I'm a firm believer in first impressions............. :crybaby:

Im disappointed  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

The moment I saw my first IS200 (current shape) I knew I had to have one :)  :)  :) .......it was unique............. I don't think there was any way you could compare it to other cars on the road and say "That looks like a XXXX"

You can with the NEW IS in my mind........... lot of Mazda 6 at the front........... BMW 5 series on side view and Honda on rear end :duh:  :duh:

It might grow on me but I'm a firm believer in first impressions.............  :crybaby:

I am disappointed too - first impression rules . It is ... anonymous , no character , such " made by computer " piece of metal and glass . :angry:

New Alfas ( Brera , 159 ) are so sexy !

The OLD ONE IS is much , much unconventional .

just got back from geneva!!! the new is220d !!! (yes it was a diesel on the stand) it looked twice as good in the flesh.

The quality was outstanding with panel fits that put everything else at the show to shame.

The car looks alot squatter and sportier then the pictures suggest.

A real winner

just got back from geneva!!! the new is220d !!! (yes it was a diesel on the stand) it looked twice as good in the flesh.

The quality was outstanding with panel fits that put everything else at the show to shame.

The car looks alot squatter and sportier then the pictures suggest.

A real winner

Not doubting you at all

If it was a diesel why did it have an IS250 badge on it?

Just wondering if they are actually naming it the IS220d or not.

just wondering

New to the Forum but took a few pictures trouble trying to download them but it was without a doubt a diesel and yes it will be badged IS220d because thats what it had on the back!!!

could do with some help with downloading the photos

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links