Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

You've ordered the whole shooting match haven't you!

I bet November 19th can't come soon enough.

Not quite the whole shooting match. I ordered everything except the Pre-Crash Safety System, which I thought was expensive and un-necessary.

This will be my first Lexus ever. Quietly confident that I won't be disappointed. Traded-in my BMW M3 for the IS. I had planned to get the new Audi RS4, but it's so bloody late that I cancelled my order. Thought I'd give Lexus a try. Of course, the IS250 won't be nearly as powerful or handle as well. Instead, I'm hoping it'll have a few qualities you don't find with German cars like: the electrics will work, the engine won't blow-up (twice), the interior headlining won't fall off after just 18 months of ownership and hopefully other drivers won't cut me up just because I'm driving a Lexus.

And, yes, Saracen, November 19th just can't come soon enough. Expect driving impressions to be posted here soon after.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its always good to hear the feedback from a B*W driver!!

You will not be dissapointed with the Lexus - the only time you will open the bonnet is to fill up the washers and it is really boring that everytime you get in the car everything works every time - bliss.

The new IS looks good and I must admit I have given Lexus an interest free loan of £500 on a Blue SE-L until I have an opportunity to try it out. My problem is, I know that once I see the car in the flesh I will not be asking for a refund of the deposit so saving the pennies until November.

Hello all !

I have been reading the postings here for a few months, ever since I heard about the launch of the new IS250. I had a 3 hour test drive of the latest GS300, courtesy of Lexus Reading, but felt that the car was just too big for my present needs, unfortunately I never really took to the styling of the outgoing IS, sorry! The new IS looks much more like a smaller, sharper GS to me.

I have also decided to loan Lexus £500 to secure one of the first batch of cars due after the Nov 19th launch, and subject to an overnight test drive/loan being all I hope it will be, could become the proud owner of:-

IS250 SE-L automatic with Multimedia Pack

In Sargasso Green with Oakham Leather

I don't like sunroofs, much prefer AC and peace and quiet, and the Radar Cruise/VDIM System is very expensive for something that probably won't get used.

I have asked Lexus Reading to find out about specifying the 18" rims from the Sport model, but they keep saying that is not an option. Who's right?

I hope that Lexus GB gets on and updates its website with more information soon as it is definitely lagging behind the Japanese site. If only I could read the text !!!!

In the meantime, I've ordered an IS250 S-EL automatic in Canterbury Blue with beige leather, SatNav, Sunroof and 18" wheels. Arrives November 19th too.

Can't wait.

:driving:  :D  :ph34r:

Tailpipe can you let me know how much your dealer charged you to upgrade to 18" rims. The dealer I have placed my deposit with is saying that it can't be done...

"Tailpipe can you let me know how much your dealer charged you to upgrade to 18" rims. The dealer I have placed my deposit with is saying that it can't be done..."Saracen,

My dealer (Lexus Park Lane) hasn't told me how much 18" alloys will cost yest, but assures me that they will be available. Given the various discussions I've had with him about the spec, it seems like Lexus is still deciding which options should be offered with what package and so on. I've told him to tell Lexus that larger alloys should be standrard on the S-EL. The 16 and 17 inch wheels don't look great on new IS IMHO.

By the way, has anyone seen a full brochure yet or a price list?

:rolleyes::unsure:

I hope that Lexus GB gets on and updates its website with more information soon as it is definitely lagging behind the Japanese site.  If only I could read the text !!!!

Had a look at the Japanese site - very slick and some of the images are great. But yes too bad there is a lot of Japanese on there (which is understandable!!!).

I'm sure that Lexus will update it's site closer to the launch of the IS as they did with the launch of both the GS and RX400h.

Lexus Reading said on Friday that the price lists that the dealers obtained a couple of months ago have now been confirmed as official.

The 18" rims are the only ones with a bit of shaping, whereas the 16" & 17" are just straight spokes, no real style. :zee:

Maybe Mr Mole can provide some insider information about possible option amendments? :whistling:

In the meantime, I've ordered an IS250 S-EL automatic in Canterbury Blue with beige leather, SatNav, Sunroof and 18" wheels. Arrives November 19th too.

Can't wait.

:driving:  :D  :ph34r:

Tailpipe can you let me know how much your dealer charged you to upgrade to 18" rims. The dealer I have placed my deposit with is saying that it can't be done...

Hi I have odered a 250 S-EL and was told the 18" alloys will be an option at the cost £1k. The dealer even rang some tec chap at Lexus GB to confirm this option was going to be available. I do think 18" alloys should be standard on the S-EL

Just got a reply to some questions I asked Lexus GB via the website:-

18" rims are not an option, yet, but may be available in January when the Sport is released. Option cost would then be £1500. They will not be fitted as standard to the SE-L.

The website will not be updated with right-hand drive vehicles until the car is actually launched.

Still no plans to introduce the IS350 in the UK, but they left the option open.

Also asked what make and model of tyres would be fitted, but they only gave the sizes that we all already know, must have been too difficult a question !!!

Also found out that

- prices released from dealers are pretty much finalised. Full pricing to be released in 2-3 weeks.

- the spare tire is a space saver (as the front and back wheels are different sizes) - lexus cutting corners?

- tires used will probably be Bridgestones and not run flats (due to excessive road noise/expense)

- option to add a speed limit warning eg. speed limit 40 mph - red light flashes

- IS 250 4WD option will not be available in the UK at the moment

Otherwise, looking forward to test driving the new car in Nov

hello,

One of the concerns raised by reading posts on US websites is the possible lack of rear seat room (some saying it is way too small for anyone other than children). I was wondering if anyone here had sampled the rear passenger space, as the problem could arise from the average size (width) on an American being greater than us Brits. If you could compare it to the amount of useable space of mainstream rivals (such as Audi A4 and the new 3series) it would be grealty appreciated.

Also found out that

- the spare time is a space saver (as the front and back wheels are different sizes)

-

The wheel/tyres might be a different size but they will have the same rolling radius

The only reason why car manufactures use space saver wheel and tyres is to save money, there is no benifit to the customer.

That's a good spot mate, don't think there's any affiliation - I'm guessing here either Lexus are acknowledging the tuning market out in the US and taking advantage by adding an additional revenue strream through their dealers for these parts or I'd guess the more likely option is that HKS have offered a large cash sum to have Lexus list their exhaust as an official option!

Will be interesting to see when the cars are out whether the front and rear bumpers are the same size this time to account for the USA's more stringent regulations, if they're the same then it would mean that exhaust systems and bumper lips would fit both US and European cars :)