Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have scanned all the posts in this forum and unable to find any pricing info other than 250-SEL £28000, SAT-NAV £2700, 18" wheels £1500. Is there any SE price available plus options?

Also has anyone any ideas on leasing prices and how they compare to 3series? The company car info I get has the old lexus 200 with horrendous lease prices versus bmw...

:tomato: Just to say to any Irish members the Irish IS Lexus Prices are now on

www.Lexus.ie!!!!!!!!!!!

For the UK guys have a look and weep for your Irish buddies and be glad you dont live here!!!

I am just going to get the rope and look for a bridge!!!!

regards

Nick

Thanks Padam19 for the link to Auto Express review.

Question answered - the UK number plate sits high enough up on the front bumper so as not to hang down over the lower mesh opening. Always thought that the front number plate position current IS spoiled the lines as it hangs down over the lower mesh aperture.

Also - there is a thread on one of the US sites currently trying to find out the 0-60 time for the manual 250. The 0-60 of circa 5.3 for the 350 is all over the place - but try and find it for the 250.....

The US Lexus site states 7.9 for auto and 8.3 for AWD but nothing for manual.

A couple of months ago one reviewer on Auto Express, Peter Lyons, posted a time of 7.3 for the 250.

Anyone know?

Thanks Padam19 for the link to Auto Express review.

Also - there is a thread on one of the US sites currently trying to find out the 0-60 time for the manual 250. The 0-60 of circa 5.3 for the 350 is all over the place - but try and find it for the 250.....

The US Lexus site states 7.9 for auto and 8.3 for AWD but nothing for manual.

A couple of months ago one reviewer on Auto Express, Peter Lyons, posted a time of 7.3 for the 250. 

Anyone know?

Just over 8 secs for the 250, read the auto express report

I know I did read it - that's why I asked the question

I have seen a number of 'estimates' from 7.3 to 8.4.

The link to the Peter Lyon review, also in Auto Express, in July is [U]here in which amongst other things he says

"the IS350 is expected to sprint from 0-60mph in less than six seconds, in contrast to the IS250's 7.3 seconds."

That's why I was asking (and hoping)......

I know I did read it - that's why I asked the question

I have seen a number of 'estimates' from 7.3 to 8.4.

The link to the Peter Lyon review, also in Auto Express, in July is [U]here in which amongst other things he says

"the IS350 is expected to sprint from 0-60mph in less than six seconds, in contrast to the IS250's 7.3 seconds."

That's why I was asking (and hoping)......

That estimated 7.3 goes along with the estimated 220bhp - I guess neither is right.

I wondered if the 7.9 on the US website is for both auto & manual (although it seems unlikely). Just seems odd that they specify times for the AWD and RWD, and fuel figures for all variants, but no auto or manual specific 0-60 times.

Thanks for that, padam19, I guess that I was hoping for specs on a par with the below….

Model: 325i SE Saloon, Engine size: 2497cc, 0-62mph: 7.0 Manual (7.7 Auto) seconds

In terms of spec for spec value, the new IS250 is very good value, being several thousands cheaper spec for spec versus the competition. When I place my order for a new IS I will do so out of loyalty to the brand, dealer experience, feel good factor and the fact that when I climb aboard I have the extraordinary build quality that is synonymous with the Lexus badge, I have lavish equipment levels, and the fact that I won’t spend my life passing nearly identical cars every time I climb aboard.

I’m not bothered about being faster than a 3 series, but I think that we should have at least performance on a par with….

I wonder if, by the time that I order in Jan 2007 will have dropped the 3.0 litre (245 bhp) from the GS and Avalon into the IS – in line with the new Lexus policy to do more refreshes in a models life a la BMW?

THe other half told me that I received a brouchure with details of the new IS yesterday. No prices in there. Can't tell you anymore as the brochure is at home and I'm not back till Sunday night. :excl:

Has anyone else been sent one of these?

THe other half told me that I received a brouchure with details of the new IS yesterday.  No prices in there.  Can't tell you anymore as the brochure is at home and I'm not back till Sunday night.  :excl:

Has anyone else been sent one of these?

Yup - assuming its same as what I have then its 12 odd pages and has quite afew gloss pics so not a huge amount of detail - nothing there that I haven't seen on the uk website - its almost a harcopy version of the website IS section.. There are a couple of tech specs pages and it does have some details on the difffrence in spec for IS, SE, SE-L.

I'm after the 220d and hoping its available in Jan rather than march as i keep seeing different dates..

There is also an article on the Autocar website giving a review of the IS250 SE. Not sure whether a fuller article appears in this weeks magazine.

Link here

All in all it's a good review: "the Lexus is beautiful to behold, well equipped and has an interior and a level of build quality to die for"

Just out of interest how many people will be picking up a new car on the 19th of November?

Is it me or are Lexus' brochures crap?

They seem totally soulless, bland and lacking in descriptions of key technical benefits. They are not emotive in any way. In fact, it's lucky the product is so good, because I doubt anyone would buy a LExus based on the current catalogues of disaster.

I hope you don't think I spend my entire time in the newsagents but the new IS is featured on the cover of What Car? The headline reads "New Baby Lexus, Classy and clever - don't buy a 3 series until you've read this". Inside is a four page review. I had to buy the mag as it was sealed, normally I would just read the articles that interest me!

As for the new style of brochure I'm not that struck either. I preferred the style that accompanied the old IS with people sipping cappuccinos in the south of France.

I don't think any car manufacturer's brochure is going to sell their cars especially when they include comments like "...to push the boundaries of sophisticated, intelligent luxury." :sick:

At the end of the day it is things like how the car makes you feel and how well it drives that make people decide to buy a car.

am i correct in thinking that Lexus did the same thing when launching the original IS?

that is OVERPRICING it?

im glad i didnt wait for the new model as although the previous one i owned was loved and cherished and still sadly missed i couldnt afford a new one

maybe they'll change thier minds as they did before and nock £3000 off the price

the IS has always been the choice of potential BMW owners but sold because it was the same price as a 318 not a 325

i for one will be waiting for the price to fall.....again

Price fell in 2000 due to the re-alignment of UK pricing in the UK - everyone else dropped their price too. It was not just a Lexus reduction.

People bought the old IS for other reasons than just price. Service, equipment, quality, exclusivity, to name a few.

New car is still less expensive than equivalent spec competitors - although it shouldn't be in my opinion.

Wouldn't it be better to examine and drive one for yourself before making a fair and unbiased desicion on its value?

Being in the fortunate position to have driven the new car back to back with its competitors, I can enthusiastically say that its quality, refinement, attention to detail and spec, more than justify its price.

Just had a call from lexus re my order for IS250 WITH MULTI MEDIA

Was due on the 19 th ( mine was the second order at the dealership) letting me know the price £ 28,620

Also that there is a delay on the cars into the UK and mine will be due hopefully on the 14/12/05

THEY ALSO SAID THEY ARE RINGING ANYONE WHO HAS AN ORDER AND TELLING THEM THE SAME THINGS

Price has been out for a while now.

IS250        £22400

SE            £25400

SE-L          £28000

Auto          £1000

Metallic      £510

Multi Media £2710

are these official ??

still not on website

and lexus gb didnt have it last week !