Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shocks And Springs

Nick The Greek

right, now i've got my exhaust and induction kit fitted, next up on the mod list is my suspension!

I'm after shocks AND springs, matched together. I've always been inclined to replace both rather than just the springs, IMO the car handles better, and seeing as my shocks have done nearly 70k, they are needing replacing!

does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not after coilovers as I cant afford them, unless a set for £400<-- came up, then I might be able to squeeze it.

Also, are there uprated bushes available? like powerflex or anyone who makes polyurathane really!

If you look on the US sites, is300.net for example, you'll see they have Bilstein Sport Shocks and Springs listed which will be matched, I think Tein also do a set of these.\

To be honest mate I've got no idea if they'd come in much less than 400 but I'm sure someone on here will know ;)

OK, quick look on google turns these up:

IS300, 01 - 03, HD,

BE5-6048-H0, $125

BE5-6049-H0, $125

You need both sets above, one is front, one is rear...

You then need the springs on top of the $250 above....

Just to confirm, a look on the Bilstein website confirms they are the same shocks for the IS200 as well...

OK, quick look on google turns these up:

IS300, 01 - 03, HD,

BE5-6048-H0, $125

BE5-6049-H0, $125

You need both sets above, one is front, one is rear...

You then need the springs on top of the $250 above....

Just to confirm, a look on the Bilstein website confirms they are the same shocks for the IS200 as well...

seeing as your so handy on google mr aido, whats the price of springs :D

i know its higher than your budget, but you cant go wrong with the TTE coilovers

excellent bit of kit , worth saving up for  :D

hey bazza, where you to in surrey?

anywhere near woking?

my m8 tommo lives there, he's got a twin turbo aristo, he's around on here sometimes.

i know its higher than your budget, but you cant go wrong with the TTE coilovers

excellent bit of kit , worth saving up for  :D

hey bazza, where you to in surrey?

anywhere near woking?

my m8 tommo lives there, he's got a twin turbo aristo, he's around on here sometimes.

nearer croydon mate

Hmmmm, looking at is300.net suggests that you shouldn't mix the Bilstein HD shocks with lowering springs as it can shorten the life of the shocks so if that was the case you'd use your standard springs....

Hmmmm, looking at is300.net suggests that you shouldn't mix the Bilstein HD shocks with lowering springs as it can shorten the life of the shocks so if that was the case you'd use your standard springs....

uprated shocks but standard springs?

kind of defeats the point in my book :unsure:

Save up the Extra and go for the Coil overs, there's nothing that compares really Nick. I had Tein Flex on my IS, they were adjustable with a control box to alter the Stiffness too, and you can alter the ride hight to just how you want it, I had mine a wee bit too low, and hit a few speedbumps :(

but, in a speedbumpless world, I'd had coil overs again.

Also go for some Sway Bars, Im told they are the mutts nuts, I never managed to get mine fitted tho, so I cannot comment on the difference they would make, but it seems everyone agree's they are one of the best mods you can do to the IS after the Supercharger..

See mention of the Bilstein Sport shocks but they reckon you can't get them for the IS but sure I've seen that combo before....

They will work together, the shocks just won't last as long, then again, if you're looking for performance parts then these usually won't last as long anyway so it's probably not an issue....

Maybe mix the Bilstein's with the Eibach's?

Have a dig around is300 as they've covered this loads over there..

• 1 month later...

ANYMORE ADVANCES ON THIS TOPIC?

I've just had service done, the front drivers side shock is leaking ever so slighty, but my techie thinks i should replace it in about a year..

I was at lowering springs anyway, so asked him if they will keep stop the shocks leaking.. he said 'no' they would make it worse. I asked about coilovers. He said they are are expensive option, and I should look at get a set of uprated Shocks and Springs.

So people any recommedations? Does the Bilstein Sport Shocks and Springs combo work?