Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Audio System

Does anyone know the specifications of the audio system in the new IS?

Does it have the standard 6 CD multichanger in the dash?

Is it capable of now playing CDRW's?

Can it play MP3 CDs?

Does it have an auxiliary connection for mp3 players, etc?

From the new pics it looks like it is a single CD player!

Has not tape deck, therefore no way to play music via an MP3 player and the cassette tape method!

An no visible signs of an aux connection!

Any ideas?

It would be a multichanger. The only specs are what the press release states so you know as much as the rest of us.

Best thing about the new IS is they have stopped wasting time/money/interior space by putting in a cassette deck. MP3 quality is bad enough without making it even worse by using a cassette adaptor!

Found the answer...

The standard audio system, featuring 13 speakers and a 6-CD autochanger, will play MP3 and WMA files. The system also includes an auxiliary socket (installed in the console box) to enable a portable audio player to be plugged directly into the system. For customers wanting the best in the segment, Lexus offers a premium, 14 speaker, Mark Levinson® surround sound system. This unit can also be specified with an in-dash 6-disc DVD player.

see http://www.is300.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3272151 for the official Lexus IS Press Release.

That Levinson option sounds like it would be good, the main question I think we have to wait and see though is how quiet is this car going to be in the cabin?

Also see they kept the Text button in there, wonder if that will do CD-Text now as they don't say, or whether it's still there for the Mini Disk option (if they even have that any more?!)

That Levinson option sounds like it would be good, the main question I think we have to wait and see though is how quiet is this car going to be in the cabin?

Also see they kept the Text button in there, wonder if that will do CD-Text now as they don't say, or whether it's still there for the Mini Disk option (if they even have that any more?!)

All new Lexuses as well as Toyota Avensis and Corolla can read CD-Text, that's why the "Text" button is there for.

• 2 weeks later...

All new Lexuses as well as Toyota Avensis and Corolla can read CD-Text, that's why the "Text" button is there for.

I have a 2004 IS300 and it will not read CD-TEXT and it has the Text button. The Text button is for RDS so you can read the TEXT from Radio Stations.