Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Buy

Robin H

Hi everyone

i'm new to the forum and i'm wondering if you can all help me

i'm lookin to buy a altezza/lexus but am unsure what one to get

i'm hoping that you will be able to tell me some of the differences between the two cars and if it is worth my time lookin to get 1 imported from over seas, and if there are any pros and cons? if any or to look for 1 in the u.k

i've seen them on auto trader for sale and pushing out 210bhp how is this done

does the car have a different lump in it from the u.k cars?

and how do people get on with parts / styling and mechanical for the imported cars

i'm sure that i'll be on here picking your brains in the future

any help will be greatly recived

many thanks Robin H :) :)

Hi Robin, welcome to the club... Some people might say i am a little biased, but as more of the people that were once "anti- altezza" are now buying ( or considering buying) an altezza, i can assure you that i am not... ( well alright... maybe a little bit.. :lol: )

Anyway... there are 2 types of altezza... the AS200 which is the 6 cylinder format which is exactly the same as the UK cars.

Then there is the more sought after RS200 which has a 4 cylinder engine which has 200BHP in auto/tiptronic guise and 210BHP and 6 speed manual form.

If you decide that it IS the 4 cylinder version you want... please beware as alot of people sell the AS200 stating that it is the RS200 as they both say BEAMS on the engine cover...

Easiest way to tell is the RS200`s airscoop goes off to the left and the 6 cylinder goes right up the middle!

Bodywise these cars are identical ( altezza is 15mm lower than standard is200 S and SE... same as the is20 Sport).

So they are use the same suspension, brakes and rear section of the exhaust system... but thats where it stops!

The is200 is quite restricted tuning wise... 1 or 2 types of induction kit,, loads of mufflers ( as they are the same as the RS200 ) etc etc...

whereas the only thing putting a stop on tuning the altezza is your wallet.

The is200 is for cruising... wheras the altezza is alot more sporty..

As for parts and styling etc... look no further... :whistling:

here is my website.. My Webpage

anything else you want or want to know... even if you want me to import a car for you... email me on scott@altezzasportsandprestige.com

Scott

hi Scott thanks for the info

gonna firer a few more questions at you now if you don't mind

would i be right to say that the only real benefit of importing a car would to buy the rs200 for the tuning Capabilities or do the as200 (beams) have anything over the u.k cars

i'm looking to purchase lexus/altezza really to do a few mods on

induction kit, exhaust system (decat) chip it and remap it at first under the hood what sort of bhp would i get out of a lexus u.k (i wanna aim for about the 250bhp at the end of the project

a few questions on importing a car

how long would it take to get a car back to the u.k (after car has been found)

how much would it cost to import the car

what sort of car would you get for the money looking to spend around 10k would this be anothe to get a good model thats been looked after

silly question but what is the insurance like on a impored car

i'm sure that i will think of more questions to ask when i get home (but don't have a computer there)

thanks for your help scott look forward to reading your reply

many thanks

Robin H

Id go for the RS Altezza if you want a little more under the bonnet, as most of us here who own IS 200 do!! :P

If you're not bothered, go for the genuine article. After badging an Altezza nobody would tell the difference from outside anyway. And the Altezzas are cheaper to pick up as well.

hi Scott thanks for the info

gonna firer a few more questions at you now if you don't mind

would i be right to say that the only real benefit of importing a car would to buy the rs200 for the tuning Capabilities or do the as200 (beams) have anything over the u.k cars

i'm looking to purchase lexus/altezza really to do a few mods on

induction kit, exhaust system (decat) chip it and remap it at first under the hood what sort of bhp would i get out of a lexus u.k (i wanna aim for about the 250bhp at the end of the project

a few questions on importing a car

how long would it take to get a car back to the u.k (after car has been found)

how much would it cost to import the car

what sort of car would you get for the money looking to spend around 10k would this be anothe to get a good model thats been looked after

silly question but what is the insurance like on a impored car

i'm sure that i will think of more questions to ask when i get home (but don't have a computer there)

thanks for your help scott look forward to reading your reply

many thanks

Robin H

if your after 250 BHP the only option is the altezza. Otherwise you will spend about £5k (minimum!!!) on the is200.... with the altezza, 250 could be gained by spending about £2k

you can email me on scott@altezzasportsandprestige.com and we can discuss this in more detail mate..

Get a RS200 mate, i did.

Never buy a Is again,

The RS is a beast of a car especially all tuned up!

I'll second that!! I wish id have got one to. Had to draw the line at £2,500 for insurance though.

I'd say in a few years but now the new GS gets launched in April then purchasing an Altezza looks unlikely unless the mileage is low.

Just get an IS300  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  eat's 200's and tezza's for dinner  :D

LMAO.

IS300 has more tuning potential than a Altezza, in terms of power output.

But std. i'd say its pretty much neck and neck..

However... I'd say confidentley.... IS300 Vs Altezza... your 3lt Auto doesn't have a prayer!!!!!!!!!!!

:driving:

how do you figure a car with 5 more hp toting an extra 115kg of weight will be faster?

NA the altezza will always be faster. Boost is a different story...the 2JZge is capable of supporting more boost than the 3sge in stock form. Pulling 600bhp from the 2jz is easier than the 3sge.

If i wanted an overweight altezza to pull a trailer...i would get the IS300

how do you figure a car with 5 more hp toting an extra 115kg of weight will be faster?

NA the altezza will always be faster.  Boost is a different story...the 2JZge is capable of supporting more boost than the 3sge in stock form.  Pulling 600bhp from the 2jz is easier than the 3sge.

If i wanted an overweight altezza to pull a trailer...i would get the IS300

:lol::lol: i like that phrase i must remember that one!!