Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK, I'm just watching the video over at Lexus Europe from today, and heard reference to the new GS Hybrid - I've had a quick look on the net and it suggests that this is the GS450 or GS450h - do any of you guys have any details or is this a new one on you guys as well?

The info I'm looking at is here:

http://hybridcars.about.com/od/buyingahybr...shybridseda.htm

At the press preview of the 2005 Chicago Auto Show, a spokesperson confirmed that Lexus will add a hybrid sedan in addition to its hybrid SUV, the Lexus RX 400h. Expect Lexus to announce the new hybrid, the Lexus GS Hybrid Sedan later this year; most likely at the New York Auto Show in April.

Since Lexus has released very little details so far, my profile of the Lexus GS 450h Hybrid Sedan is sparse, but more details will be added as the information becomes available.

On Sale: Speculation is that it will be available as soon as 2006.

Type of hybrid: It will be a be a full hybrid making it able to travel at low speeds under electric propulsion alone. It shares the similar hybrid technology as found in the Lexus RX 400h Hybrid SUV.

What do you guys reckon?

I think this sounds a definite goer for a new car, wanted a 430 but a 450 could be even better :)

Not much talk about it at the moment. I think all models will have a hybrid option - may use the 3.5l engine that is going into the new GS350 / IS350 (maybe).

There is also talk of the new LS420 for mid 2006 and possibly something like an LS500.

Should also be a new SC soon as that is being launched as a Lexus model in Japan soon and the car the existing model is based on isn't made any more (series II GS)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links