Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Rooms ......

Since NOVEMBER 2004 I have been doing work to my house, mainly re-doing the whole living room and the stair case that goes up stairs.

The changes have included a fishtank built into the wall, and a new ceiling, not forgetting the stair lights and new real wooden flooring !

I have spent endless hours, cut fingers, bruises and sleepless nights to complete the projects, and they are alost complete.

Below you can find the links to my projects, feel free to comment on what you think, baring in mind that the place is only 95% complete !

FISH TANK PROJECT

1.jpgDSC01340.jpg

BEFORE .............................................................................. AFTER

Full pictures here :

http://www.metserve.com/projects/fishtank

FLOORING

DSC01254.jpgDSC01307.jpg

BEFORE .............................................................................. AFTER

Full pictures here :

http://www.metserve.com/projects/flooring

STAIRS

1.jpgDSC01382.jpg

Full pictures here :

http://www.metserve.com/projects/stairs/

WALLS & NEW CEILING

Full pictures here :

http://www.metserve.com/projects/house/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you service the filters .........or are there no filters because there are no fish...........looks good though, i hope you have inch thick polystyrene under the tank to relive stress on the tanks base :excl:

how do you service the filters .........or are there no filters because there are no fish...........looks good though, i hope you have inch thick polystyrene under the tank to relive stress on the tanks base :excl:

You see those custom made panels I have ? made from MDF and leather .......... they are attached to the wall with velcro .. and can come off to feed fish, clean tank etc !

The bottom one also comes off , so that the fishtank can easily be taken 'out' of the wall !

Wow........

looks really great, like the stairs aswell...bit of a odd job man really arnt ya

Well, I try ! :blush: ........... I thought I'm gonna do the place up, I might as well do it up the way I want ................

The finished project includes a ceiling mounted Projector, and 7 speaker surround system.

I have my VGA cables and Sounds cables from the PC up stairs ......... running to the front room ! ......... I will be able to bring my Bluetooth keyboard and mous downstairs, and use the PC downstairs ..... on the projector - that will project on the 2.1M wall ! :D :D

looking good !

a couple of questions though :)

is the electric and gas meters boarded in

is the consumer unit boxed in

they seem to be not too accessible, if you have a gas leak you will want to get to that valve quick, what happens when they want to change the meters !!

the stair lights , look like 12v with trannys , have you allowed for ventilation ?

the tank looks good , make sure you have a cover , even just bits of glass to stop condensation

:D

looking good !

a couple of questions though  :)

they seem to be not too accessible, if you have a gas leak you will want to get to that valve quick, what happens when they want to change the meters !!

The meters and comsumer unit is accessable via the leather pads attached to the wall. You can remove those pads (attached with velcro) and the gas / electric unit is on show. :P

the stair lights , look like 12v with trannys , have you allowed for ventilation ?

the tank looks good , make sure you have a cover , even just bits of glass to stop condensation

The stair lights are on 12v transformers, the lights are fixed inthe the stairs and have an inch behind each light for ventilation.

The transformers are all located at the bottom of the stairs, behind the "swtich" for the light. So if you open the switch, it reveals the transformers hiden behind. Loads of room there ! :D

looking good !

a couple of questions though  :)

The meters and comsumer unit is accessable via the leather pads attached to the wall. You can remove those pads (attached with velcro) and the gas / electric unit is on show. :P

The stair lights are on 12v transformers, the lights are fixed inthe the stairs and have an inch behind each light for ventilation.

The transformers are all located at the bottom of the stairs, behind the "swtich" for the light. So if you open the switch, it reveals the transformers hiden behind. Loads of room there ! :D

looks like you have thought of everything :D

very, very impressive my good man! a real top class bachelor pad me thinks - or a love nest if you already have someone to share! :yahoo:

hmmm, can't help thinking that work on the house will now come to a grinding holt as you have another toy/project to play with... :whistling:

Does one want some interior design work done ?  :D

If you can come to Yorkshire yes :D :D :D :D :D , i could do with some work done at my new house (getting it next Monday btw), should see the list of things i need to do before i can move in.... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

BTW forgot to say WOW, nice works, wish i can do all this myself.... :)  :)  :)  :)

I'm going to open my own interior design business me thinks ! lol .......... :P

What type of house / apartment did you buy ? :D

Where the heck did you get the radio active staircase paint from??  :nuke:

Nice work scarface...............DIY...I remember it all too vividly!!!!!!!

:crybaby:

Radio active ? ..... those are fine halogen lights ! :P

DSC01381.jpg

great job laurence, ooooppppsss..

looking realy good fella, now i know who to call when i get my own place sorted!!!

keep it up, now the only problem is that the lights are gonna show up any dirt - so get yourself a damn big matt to wipe your feet on!