Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Lost My Supercharger!

DaveEllen

Well, after 2 years of belting round the streets of London, I am Supercharger-less. :(

I would never have thought I would miss it so much, and I know I have the turbo to look forward too, but it was great fun having the blower on the car.

Anyway, interestingly enough, there was a question I had for the technician which seemed to uncover something rather unusual. Having purchased the supercharger from Mat C, I understood he had the "silver" ECU from TTE. Now, when he removed the ECU from the car, it was in fact a little black box with 3 or 4 wires coming from it.

Could any of you who have the Silver ECU please clarify if that is indeed what it looks like? I assume Silver ECU means silver in colour? Curious as to how this could have happened.....

Thanks,

Dave

you was sold the silver ecu, with the supeercharger dave, it was fitted by TTE at TTE,

i know it was there as i had even removed it once myself freom the box, after i had to read the error codes being shown on it...........

hope your not implying i didnt sell you the silver ecu :crybaby:

you was sold the silver ecu, with the supeercharger dave, it was fitted by TTE at TTE,

i know it was there as i had even removed it once myself freom the box, after i had to read the error codes being shown on it...........

hope your not implying  i didnt sell you the silver ecu :crybaby:

Not at all

Am baffled.............

Not sure what to do now as Andi (Phonedrome) is under the assumption that it has the silver ECU :crybaby:

I was always unsure about it as my rev limit seemed to be at the normal level (though rev counter could be out)

When I lose (quite often) something I always ask..........

Where was the last place it was seen :question:

Who had it last :question:

If someone/anyone can answer this.......hopefully you will find the answer to where it is :)

So we have to find out where the silver ECU was lost.

TTE?

Nope :crybaby:

have email from TTE confirming sale to mat and fitment etc....also that they did no more work on mats car after fitting it (aside from removing his precats)

Not that I'm doubting Mr C............(emailed them last night before posting)

Well, after 2 years of belting round the streets of London, I am Supercharger-less. :(

I would never have thought I would miss it so much, and I know I have the turbo to look forward too, but it was great fun having the blower on the car.

Anyway, interestingly enough, there was a question I had for the technician which seemed to uncover something rather unusual.  Having purchased the supercharger from Mat C, I understood he had the "silver" ECU from TTE.  Now, when he removed the ECU from the car, it was in fact a little black box with 3 or 4 wires coming from it.

Could any of you who have the Silver ECU please clarify if that is indeed what it looks like?  I assume Silver ECU means silver in colour?  Curious as to how this could have happened.....

Thanks,

Dave

dave the silver ECU has more wires than the black one :D and yes it is silver in colour :o yours sounds like the black one :hehe: with only having 3/4 wires :D

Now.. that will get difficult.  :sick::geek:

Have a look at the bill. Is there a ECU? Or just the work that has been done?

How much did you pay TTE for fitting? Should be around 300 Euros.

Twas definately done by TTE

They have emailed me and Mat also says that above

Anyway, interestingly enough, there was a question I had for the technician which seemed to uncover something rather unusual.  Having purchased the supercharger from Mat C, I understood he had the "silver" ECU from TTE.  Now, when he removed the ECU from the car, it was in fact a little black box with 3 or 4 wires coming from it.

Could any of you who have the Silver ECU please clarify if that is indeed what it looks like?  I assume Silver ECU means silver in colour?  Curious as to how this could have happened.....

Thanks,

Dave

dave the silver ECU has more wires than the black one :D and yes it is silver in colour :o yours sounds like the black one :hehe: with only having 3/4 wires :D

Thought so ..........

what about it getting changed elsewhere??? are there any other wires to the ecu loom that are "repaired" or "re-insulated"

might suggest that the silver loom was fitted and then "changed" to the black one

might be at TTE where it was fitted to daves car  :question: if so not a probem  :D i would have thought  :D

Twas fitted to mats car by TTE at TTE

S/C was removed @ Tdi as part of the Monster build in late Feb 2003

S/C was fitted to my car by Tdi late feb/early March 2003

I've never even looked at it prior yo y/day :crying:

@TheDon - everything looks neat & tidy (as you'd expect)

nope nothing like that.............it defo had the Silver ecu, which was about the size of a fag packet, removable ends with 2 red LED in one end, with a plug connector, i know cos i took the lid of the box and Checked the error codes after i had a problem with the bypass spring and the pre cats failing, the error codes were also checked at TTE

and you say TTE have confirmed this with you dave........with the sales invoice!!

i just want to make sure i am not in the frame here!

surely if the extra wires had been soldered in then you would have some evidence of that.

so it was either never done - or it was taken by a off and replaced by a skilled person!

eh.....

the car left TTE with it fitted.......the error codes were checked when the precats failed and i took the car back to TTE. At TTE, the error codes were read from the same ecu.......1 week after christmas,when the main cat failed the ecu (silver one) was read by myself, and Lexus Braunscweig

the ecu was there........mine was a Genuine TTE supoercharger, which is only sold with the silver ECU by TTE.

what would TTE gain by swapping over a silver ecu to a black one..considering they have scrapped all there black ecus, and the fact they Make the bleedin ecus????