Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

20" Alloys On Rx300 (mk2)

Has anyone put 20" alloys on a RX300, I seem to recall that someone here was either considering or had had them fitted.

Just seems that theres not a great selection out there (only found 2). Does anyone know a decent source preferably with pictures? Not looking for anything overly bling :blush:

I think the RX is great but those wheels are just too boring :yawn:

Cheers

I have just got a set of 20"s ATP magnum E they should be on the car this weekend. I will post pics when they are on

Thanks, do you mind if I ask how much you paid and where you got them from?

Look forward to seeing the pics :)

I went from original 16"s to 18"s which are on now with 45 profile tyres

It is still a good ride and the handling I think is a lot better.

The tyres on the 20"s are 245 X 40 X 20 I won't know what the ride is like until they are on but I know that LEXUS Edingburgh had 20"s made to order and apparently the ride was good. There are some pics somewhere on here.

A lot of the Mercedes MLs have 20" on the same as the BMW X5 and they do look a lot more stylish with the bigger wheels on. A lot of the X5 run them on profile 35 and I would say that the X5 is a heavier vehicle and more of a 4 X 4 than the RX so I am presuming they should be okay.

Are these the alloys from Lexus Edinburgh you were thinking of:

Looks fantastic with those alloys :)

Thats the ones....very nice. :D

Gentlemen,

apart from the look, which is a question of personal taste, what is the point fitting 20 inch wheels on a RX300? :geek:

You had an SUV and now you have to watch for the smallest hole on the road not to damage the nice rims. Look isn't everythink, watch out for confort and quietness, not even talking about parking problems... ouch my rims!!!

But if you like it, fine with me :whistling:

Gentlemen,

apart from the look, which is a question of personal taste, what is the point fitting 20 inch wheels on a RX300?    :geek:

You had an SUV and now you have to watch for the smallest hole on the road not to damage the nice rims.  Look isn't everythink, watch out for confort and quietness, not even talking about parking problems... ouch my rims!!!

But if you like it, fine with me    :whistling:

The point is exactly that, personal taste. I personally think that 20" rims suit the the car better especially as (in my opinion) the standard wheels are a bit bland.

Sure you may compromise the comfort or noise a bit but in my previous experience of changing wheel/tyre sizes providing you go for the right setup and tyres the difference is generally negligible.

Totally see you point about the possible damage but to be honest as I have other cars with larger rims I tend to be cautious with parking anyway :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links