Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bhp Supercharged

Adie

I've just had my supercharged IS200 on a power run to determine the bhp and torque settings. From reading previous posts i was expecting in the region of at least 203bhp.

The results are:

Maximum power speed: 6841 Rpm (117.2Mph in gear used)

Power at flywheel (corrected): 183.1 Bhp (DIN 70020)

Power at flywheel (measured): 178.9 Bhp

Power at wheels: 137.2 Bhp

Power loss (transmission,tyres,etc): 41.7 Bhp

Maximum torque speed: 5137 Rpm (88.0 Mph in gear used)

Maximum engine torque (corrected): 161.6lb ft

Maximum road speed reached in test: 117.2 Mph

Maximum engine speed reached in test: 6841 Rpm

Min ambient temperature: 25 Deg C

Max ambient temperature: 25 Deg C

Barometric pressure: 998 mb

On the graphs shown the bhp graph was quite smooth but the torque graph is up and down all over the place.

So does this mean my supercharger is only performing to about HALF its potential?

The guy who done the test reckons there is an engine management problem because of how the graph is all up and down.

Is this right? How do i fix it to be performing at the correct bhp and torque ? I dont really want to spend a lot more money to get the performance that i already should have. Is it a faulty chip?

Can someone who understands these things please help?

Thanks,

Adie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had my supercharged IS200 on a power run to determine the bhp and torque settings. From reading previous posts i was expecting in the region of at least 203bhp.

The results are:

Maximum power speed:                          6841 Rpm (117.2Mph in gear used)

Power at flywheel (corrected):                  183.1 Bhp (DIN 70020)

Power at flywheel (measured):                178.9 Bhp

Power at wheels:                                    137.2 Bhp

Power loss (transmission,tyres,etc):          41.7 Bhp

Maximum torque speed:                          5137 Rpm (88.0 Mph in gear used)

Maximum engine torque (corrected):        161.6lb ft

Maximum road speed reached in test:        117.2 Mph

Maximum engine speed reached in test:    6841 Rpm

Min ambient temperature:                          25 Deg C

Max ambient temperature:                        25 Deg C

Barometric pressure:                                998 mb

On the graphs shown the bhp graph was quite smooth but the torque graph is up and down all over the place.

So does this mean my supercharger is only performing to about HALF its potential?

The guy who done the test reckons there is an engine management problem because of how the graph is all up and down.

Is this right?  How do i fix it to be performing at the correct bhp and torque ?  I dont really want to spend a lot more money to get the performance that i already should have. Is it a faulty chip?

Can someone who understands these things please help?

Thanks,

Adie

you should be getting more than that, is that right 6841rpm i thought 6250 was max ?

are you sure the figures are for the flywheel and not the wheels ?

usually measured from the wheels, then calculated for the flywheel figures

how did you get to 6841 revs , the limiter should kick in at 6250

take your car out and see if it will rev past 6,250 if it so than something wrong with the ecu :duh: it should cut out at 6,250 revs :D my r/r was 115mph, = 4780 rpm = 172.1 at pwheel and pmax 214.2 bhp i dont think he set up right as when thay did mine that was the 1st reading that he got for mine (well 137 bhp 1st) then he set the machine up again and did 3 runs all v/much the same :D

is the car still driving ok, the same as when you 1st had the supercharger fitted :question: check the clips around the supercharger pipes+ intercooler as they new and sometimes need to be done again. if you not sure give me a call :D

is the car still driving ok, the same as when you 1st had the supercharger fitted  :question: check the clips around the supercharger pipes+ intercooler as they new and sometimes need to be done again. if you not sure give me a call  :D

Car still driving fine. Checked all clips and pipes, everything still the same. Car still feels a lot faster than it did. But i'm still approx 25ish bhp short.

If the machine was set up in correctly ie not for 6 cylinder car, would this be the problem? Could it be running at 200ish bhp but because its not set up correctly its giving incorrect results?

Would this also explain why the torque graph is all over the place?

And its not a fault with the ecu or engine management?

Thanks for that Matt.

The top one is the bhp and bottom one is the torque.

no problems mate - lets hope some of the more knowledgeable guys can help you out.

I know practically nothing about these things - but that torque graph just looks completely wrong.

whats with the massive drop in power?

There are pictures of dynos on the TTE website - I'll see if I can find them. Pretty sure they look completely different to that.

so there isn't a true reading after about 6,000 rpm so the 6841rpm is just rubbish.

So is it more likely that there is NOTHING wrong with my engine management and ecu etc etc. That my Bhp is a lot more than shown in the figures. That all the figures for the dyno are wrong. And that i've waisted my money and now have to get another dyno done by someone else CORRECTLY :question::question:

so there isn't a true reading after about 6,000 rpm so the 6841rpm is just rubbish.

So is it more likely that there is NOTHING wrong with my engine management and ecu etc etc. That my Bhp is a lot more than shown in the figures. That all the figures for the dyno are wrong. And that i've waisted my money and now have to get another dyno done by someone else CORRECTLY :question::question:

yep

yep

Well thank f :tsktsk: for that!!

That i can live with. Not something wrong with my pride and joy :crybaby:

Does anyone know somewhere i can get a proper dyno?? Near the Northampton area?

Thanks again for everyones help,

Adie