Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bhp Supercharged

Adie

Just booked my car in for a dyno run at Abbey Motorsport in a couple of weeks time so hopefully get the right resutls this time.  Anything in particular i should tell them?

:whistling: ad77....... what day and time you booked in, and i will see if i can get the same day :winky:

Sat 19th 8.30 - 9.00. Early start for me :duh:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked my car in for a dyno run at Abbey Motorsport in a couple of weeks time so hopefully get the right resutls this time.  Anything in particular i should tell them?

:whistling: ad77....... what day and time you booked in, and i will see if i can get the same day :winky:

Sat 19th 8.30 - 9.00. Early start for me :duh:

:whistling: i could make that.........thats if they can fit me in........how much is the run costing.............any one know what there costs are as i need a bit more than just a dyno run ;)

Was quoted £100 + vat for an hours labour. Was a bit more than i was expecting :blink:

:sick: O well it has to be done..............best to get it setup right to start of with.........i think it will take about 2-3 hours to set my IS up......... :whistling:

Was quoted £100 + vat for an hours labour. Was a bit more than i was expecting :blink:

Barrie (bazza) went there & was well chuffed.

Have some top guys. Also moving into the Supras soon I'm told.

Will be taking mine there as well :winky:

:sick: O well it has to be done..............best to get it setup right to start of with.........i think it will take about 2-3 hours to set my IS up......... :whistling:

Did you say you were after getting it mapped also? They guy said they dont do mapping on Saturdays

ho the good things about living up north :winky: only cost me £35 for mine :D

Thats about what i paid the first time in Northampton and look how long this thread is because of it :whistling:

Also it doesnt rain as much here :ph34r:

must be remembered that abbey are one, if not, the top tuners in this country

with that comes a price,

i would rather pay for quality and people who know what they are doing

ad77 is the example of finding someone who doesnt have either

Did you say you were after getting it mapped also? They guy said they dont do mapping on Saturdays

looks like i will not be meeting you there then ;) if they dont do mapping on the weekends

with that comes a price,

My point exactly mate :winky:

with that comes a price,

Quite right Barrie

Abbey Motorsport is a good tuner so you should be ok there, in fact we have rented their dyno for very powerful rwd cars which exceed the torque capacity of our dyno (whilst waiting for our upgrade).

We charge £80 plus vat per hour for mapping work even on saturdays (less 10% for Goldies).

with that comes a price,

Quite right Barrie

Abbey Motorsport is a good tuner so you should be ok there, in fact we have rented their dyno for very powerful rwd cars which exceed the torque capacity of our dyno (whilst waiting for our upgrade).

We charge £80 plus vat per hour for mapping work even on saturdays (less 10% for Goldies).

:whistling: :D so it would cost £84.60 ....... :whistling:

with that comes a price,

Quite right Barrie

Per hour, yes.

with that comes a price,

Quite right Barrie

Per hour, yes.

me BAD :blush: i forgot to add that bit :P :whistling: and you say you open Saturdays as well mark :winky:

with that comes a price,

Quite right Barrie

Per hour, yes.

me BAD :blush: i forgot to add that bit :P :whistling: and you say you open Saturdays as well mark :winky:

9 to 5 on Saturdays

I'd suggest abbey motorsport in Oxted. They open Saturdays and have some good dyno guys.............so good Tdi go there

If you had checked your facts, what you should said was something like "They DON'T open on saturdays, their dyno guys are very good, but when TDi have rented Abbeys dyno (approximately 4 times in the last few years), TDi use their own technicians and mapping facilities".

• 2 weeks later...

Had a dyno done this morning at Abbey motorsport. What a difference it makes to go to a proper garage. Cant speak more highly of the place. All employees were more than helpfull. All seemed concerned about my car and all my previous worries.

After the bloke had done the dyno run, he showed me what he had done and thoroughly explained everything to me. Talking about the graphs and the Lexus car and Altezza in generall.

I showed him my previous figures and graphs. After he stopped laughing at the graphs, he compared everything and the conclusion was... My previous dyno run the bloke had set the gear ratio up wrong and he didn't really have a clue about my car. Also the graphs were of no use and he might aswell of made them up, ( probably did).

The graphs also included fuel management, and for my car being standard (supercharged but having standard exhaust, pre cats etc) is running extremely well. The only thing, i am losing power through, is the standard exhaust. (He gave me an address for a jap web site, but that will be another thread).

Also he put Bazza's graph on top of mine and there was only 10bhp less on mine being standard. Thats with his having induction kit and better exhaust.

Bazza please correct me if this is wrong. I'm only going by what he told me and the graphs. But i would appreciate your opinion in this matter anyway.

The torque graph was still not that straight, but that is because of the variable valve timing that the car is equiped with( something like that).

So all in all extremely pleased. Only gripe... Now to spend MORE money :P

Had a dyno done this morning at Abbey motorsport.  What a difference it makes to go to a proper garage. Cant speak more highly of the place. All employees were more than helpfull. All seemed concerned about my car and all my previous worries.

After the bloke had done the dyno run, he showed me what he had done and thoroughly explained everything to me. Talking about the graphs and the Lexus car and Altezza in generall.

I showed him my previous figures and graphs. After he stopped laughing at the graphs, he compared everything and the conclusion was... My previous dyno run the bloke had set the gear ratio up wrong and he didn't really have a clue about my car. Also the graphs were of no use and he might aswell of made them up, ( probably did).

The graphs also included fuel management, and for my car being standard (supercharged but having standard exhaust, pre cats etc) is running extremely well. The only thing, i am losing power through, is the standard exhaust. (He gave me an address for a jap web site, but that will be another thread).

Also he put Bazza's graph on top of mine and there was only 10bhp less on  mine being standard. Thats with his having induction kit and better exhaust.

Bazza please correct me if this is wrong. I'm only going by what he told me and the graphs. But i would appreciate your opinion in this matter anyway.

The torque graph was still not that straight, but that is because of the variable valve timing that the car is equiped with( something like that).

So all in all extremely pleased. Only gripe... Now to spend MORE money  :P

cool ! they kept my graphs :D

they were done last year

with no induction kit just standard airbox

and TTE exhaust but with no pre cats

I'd suggest abbey motorsport in Oxted. They open Saturdays and have some good dyno guys.............so good Tdi go there

If you had checked your facts, what you should said was something like "They DON'T open on saturdays, their dyno guys are very good, but when TDi have rented Abbeys dyno (approximately 4 times in the last few years), TDi use their own technicians and mapping facilities".

:blush: thats probably down to me mark !!

Abbey told me that TDI used their dyno, and if i remember right the conversation was on the monster and how only their dyno (at that time) could be used for the mapping etc, on high BHP machines, dont think it was a slur on TDI at all, was no mention of who actually carried out the work, and to be honest i would have presumed it would have been them, only for the fact that it was their equipment, so i stand corrected :D

and surely they do open saturdays :whistling:

Abbey told me that TDI used their dyno, and if i remember right the conversation was on the monster and how only their dyno (at that time) could be used for the mapping etc, on high BHP machines, dont think it was a slur on TDI at all, was no mention of who actually carried out the work, and to be honest i would have presumed it would have been them, only for the fact that it was their equipment, so i stand corrected :D

That's OK Bazza, just check your facts with me first if you want to invoke my or TDi's name please. I don't bite mate :) , and it prevents false rumours.

For the record, at this moment I believe that Abbey have the highest torque handling capacity dyno in the UK (until our upgrade arrives when we will hold that title). We have rented Abbey's dyno (using our techs) on approximately 3 or 4 occasions. The Monster has never been there nor is it likely to any time soon.

Situation straightened out I believe :)

That's OK Bazza, just check your facts with me first if you want to invoke my or TDi's name please. I don't bite mate :) , and it prevents false rumours.

For the record, at this moment I believe that Abbey have the highest torque handling capacity dyno in the UK (until our upgrade arrives when we will hold that title). We have rented Abbey's dyno (using our techs) on approximately 3 or 4 occasions. The Monster has never been there nor is it likely to any time soon.

Situation straightened out I believe :)

Mark

hardly false rumours, i mentioned that TDI used abbey`s dyno, because thats what they told me, and even mentioned the date, i had no reason to disbelieve them

i didnt mention any facts about who`s technicians were used because i didnt know, wasnt told, nor did i think to ask

i didnt say the monster had been there, was going there, or would ever go there

now please get your teeth out of my ankle

Mark

hardly false rumours, i mentioned that TDI used abbey`s dyno, because thats what they told me, and even mentioned the date, i had no reason to disbelieve them

i didnt mention any facts about who`s technicians were used because i didnt know, wasnt told, nor did i think to ask

i didnt say the monster had been there, was going there, or would ever go there

now please get your teeth out of my ankle

No bite marks intended Bazza, sorry if they hurt :blush:

I just like a bit of clarity and accuracy which I believe is in place now. Thank you for your input :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links